Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Got the call yesterday the cab is off, comes with free doors, and they hope I like it, because the clearcoat is peeled pretty bad you know... Lol.

I told the gentleman as long as it's not rusty, I'll deal with the clearcoat... He laughed... They don't rust out here son...

I'm leaving tomorrow night to pick it up. 馃榿

Gustafson
Got the call yesterday the cab is off, comes with free doors, and they hope I like it, because the clearcoat is peeled pretty bad you know... Lol.

I told the gentleman as long as it's not rusty, I'll deal with the clearcoat... He laughed... They don't rust out here son...

I'm leaving tomorrow night to pick it up. 馃榿
Awesome!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Those ribs, were they as good as they looked?
Absolutely. Place called Smokin Joes in Rogers Arkansas. Delicious food, and really nice people, good service. I'd absolutely go again. If you're ever in the area, don't miss out.

As much as my chunky butt likes good food, I value a nice, welcoming atmosphere almost as much. The owner stopped and chatted with us, gave us free samples, the server was patient and nice.

Registered
Absolutely. Place called Smokin Joes in Rogers Arkansas. Delicious food, and really nice people, good service. I'd absolutely go again. If you're ever in the area, don't miss out.

As much as my chunky butt likes good food, I value a nice, welcoming atmosphere almost as much. The owner stopped and chatted with us, gave us free samples, the server was patient and nice.
Free samples are always welcome. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

Gustafson

I agree. Atmosphere means a lot to me too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yesterday I scored a set of Supercab buckets. Supercab buckets are unique, and Bronco's, because they tip forward to allow access to the back, unlike regular, crew, or new model seats.

So I was pretty happy to get them complete and not ripped. Now I have a pile of front and rear benches to get rid of lol.

Sky Vehicle Car Automotive tire Hood

Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Today, in between working on the 4runner, I worked on stripping the donor cab down.

Found some lucky Peso's

Coin Money handling Currency Money Wood

Texas floor,

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Michigan floor

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wheel Car

Kinda wonder what else this dude was in charge of at the plant.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle Bumper

And the new cab is stripped except for the pedals, I'm hopeful the HVAC can stay.

In other happy new, theres a plate over the hole where the 4x4 transfer case shifter should go, so I don't ever have to cut a hole lol.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Pedals, booster gone from donor, dash dropped but not fully removed before rain from original.

Few differences I've noticed, the original cab has more butyl type sound deadening than the new, and the new has bolts to mount the gas pedal, diesel pedal is on studs.

Motor vehicle Hood Mode of transport Vehicle Automotive exterior

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

21 - 40 of 59 Posts