Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
181 - 200 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Thank you!

The manifolds are way lighter than I'd like, but that ceramic is expensive and tough, so I'm not re-doing it lol.

I did put new o-rings on and send the injectors home, started on the turbo rebuild.

My father in law decided he would like to build a bathroom more than a lean to, so that will be his last project before he flies south for the winter.

Wood Art Auto part Metal Font

Wood Floor Gas Flooring Hardwood

·
Registered
10,299 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Haven't made as much progress on this this year as I'd like, but that's the story of my life lol.

I did score this giant blast cabinet off an auction site with a dust collector and everything for 600 bucks, so that will help the business and the build.

Need to pull the oil pan and blast it to see how solid it is before I either buy a new one, or powder coat this one and put it back on the truck still.
Motor vehicle Gas Machine Engineering Metal

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,328 Posts
nice score on the blasting cabinet!

The e fuel is a sweeet setup. Seems the stock crap leaks from 5 different locations. You put new hoses and clamps on and "Fix" it and and then you end up with 7 leaks lol.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Yeah, for me, that was the only point, it's easy enough to figure out with everything off. I wouldn't do it with one of those crazy 1,000 kits, but I can figure out a few thread sizes and make something happen to have a serviceable setup

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Winch wouldn't pick up the Powerstroke... Just now occurred to me sitting here to get a snatch block lol.

Also though, I grabbed an 8' bar of 4x3 steel to extend the boom on my engine hoist. I'd like to get the oil pan off, cleaned, dipstic welded in, and all back together because I'm still trying to get the cab on the mounts before winter.

And time flies nowadays. Especially when I have 5 straight days of leaf clean up to do lol.
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Went ahead and pulled the engine so I can powdercoat the oil pan and weld the dipstick adapter in.

Pulled the leaf spring hangers and shackles to get the coil front end on, those rivets suck lol.

Have to get this section of the frame prepped and painted this week even though it get's dark at noon now, last nice week I'm sure.

Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt

Motor vehicle Plant Wood Vehicle Automotive exterior

181 - 200 of 224 Posts