Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
[
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had this delivered yesterday 2-12-22 from southern Tennessee to michigan. The first thing I did was wash the salt off it from its ride up here. Now I start planning out my build. Plan so far is McNeil racing glass and dash Holley efi and going to a built 460. Going to buy extended beams 12” coil overs and cage it. I’m undecided about the rear right now. I keep telling my self just keep it simple with leafs but I also want to just link it lol. As far as shocks go I’m going with Carbon Shocks 3.0 coil over front and 3.0 triple bypass rear. I would like to add a set of twin turbos once I have it up and running which is why I’m going with the Holley terminator x. That’s all for now I will try to keep this updated as I get parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
[
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cyote swap would be sweeeeeeeeeet!!!! For the “keep it simple” a single or twin turbo would be nasty! Love me a big block sound.
I priced it out trust me lol I have one sitting in the corner lol it was $5000 by time I was done with wire harness power steering conversion ect. The big block with twins will do lol

·
[
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well in a nice turn of events I was standing at the clock about to leave work when a bronco popped up about a hour away from me. So I called my dad said hook up a trailer I’m running to the bank then coming to grab your truck and trailer lol the bronco had a solo motor sports cage, solo coil over mounts solo radius arms solo rear shackle hangers and shackles as well as Q80 springs. Yukon axle shafts and 4.56 gears with a Detroit in the back. It’s a roller but was a frame off from out of state (Arizona) so it’s clean so I will be selling the black one and picking up where the guy left off with this one.

·
[
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Few parts have started to show up for this. I told my wife I wouldn’t work on it until I finish my 77 super cab build but that doesn’t mean I can’t order parts. I got my switch pro which I plan to use to run all my electronics in the bronco. My 460 swap motor mounts showed up, I also got a 2:1 steering quickener my beams should be here in a week or so. I have my 460 up on a stand and getting ready to order a cam and gaskets for it so I can get it set in the frame.

·
[
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I did a few things on the bronco while I’m waiting on parts to show up for my Cummins swap. I picked up some used +6 front fenders and temporarily installed my steering quickner. I took the opportunity to teach my niece how to use my lathe and mill had her make me a Litle adapter. I also picked up a 4x4 c6 that needs a rebuild and started collecting parts for my 460 swap. I’m waiting on my solo beams and some 2.5x14 coil overs. I also picked up some used 35” claws for $300 the km2’s were super dry rotted and kept going flat. On to a couple pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
[
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My beams and coil overs came in yesterday! I can’t wait to start building this! I also started assembling the 460 that’s going to be in this. Cleaned the block up put the ported dove heads on it and sat the intake on it. I have also installed the cam and lifters and roller rockers since I took this picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 56 Posts