Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into buying a 1990 ford f-250 with a 7.3l non-turbo motor, I dont know much about how these are set up but i was wondering if anyone knows how hard it would be to turbo it, If even worth buying the truck or should i look for one that already a turbo diesel

·
Rusty Racing
367 Posts
you need manifolds in take turbo pluming and i would do an intercooler but when its all said and done youd have been better off getting a 1995-97 i almost bought an 89 with a 7.3 non turbo be for i bought my 90 f-350 gas but my dad just bought a 1997 f-250 7.3 turbo with technicooler and some other goodies for 6000 rust free beautiful body so this just shows you there are deals out there

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i want to find a 95 or newer i've been looking and haven't found any that are not rusted out or have like 300k on them in my price range of like $6000

·
Rusty Racing
367 Posts
300k is just broke in my grandpa got 545,xxx out of his with only one major replacement he had to put a tranny in it then he put an auto cuz he plowed with it and it was probly time anyway

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
you could always go an ats turbo and not mess with the manifolds and crap just another option. but id hold out for a powerstroke.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
went and looked at the truck today. It was overall in really good shape no rust on the body and has a new trans and glow plugs and injectors. But i think im going to still look cause i would like a powerstroke

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Was it an extended cab 4x4? If so I sure would like the contact information if you don't want it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts