Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MTU 4x4
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am selling my 1990 Chevy 2500, as I recently bought a new truck. $1400 OBO

1990 Chevy 2500 4x4
*350 TBI Odometer shows 120000, but the odometer is currently not working. I bought it this way. I guess that the motor was rebuilt at that mileage, and the previous owner put about 50-60K on it after the rebuild. I have only drivin it several thousand miles since I owned it. Runs good with tons of power. Sometimes smokes a puff or two at start up. Brand new alternator two weeks ago.
*TH400 Automatic. Shifts good, no problems
*NP205 Transfer Case. Works fine no problems
*14 Bolt Rear, 3/4 Ton IFS Front Front driveshaft u-joints are worn out, but I can replace that if needed.

Vehicle runs and drives down the road good. Pulls slightly to the right, but I believe that has to due with worn out balljoints in the passenger side. It has been this way since I have owned it, and it has not been an issue.

The body is in pretty decent shape for its age. The bed is rust free, and has a bedliner and tool box. The cab corners, and the bottom of the doors are the only real places with rust issues. Heavy duty rear bumper with hitch. The heat works great, the wipers work, the windows work, etc. Its a pretty good running and driving truck, and has been my daily driver for the last 8 months.

The truck has recently developed an oil leak, and I am not sure where it is coming from. I havent had much time to deal with it. I believe that it may be the base of the distributor shaft, or the oil filter area. These areas are under full oil pressure when running, and could cause a leak. I am going to look into this more though. It still runs and drives fine though.

Overall, this is a great tow rig, work-truck, or a daily driver platform. It is dependable and strong, and has towed my Jeep and flatbed(~6000#'s) several times to Drummond Island, and other places. Let me know if there is interest and I can take more pictures or whatever.

Only pic I have on this computer

·
MTU 4x4
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a 1994 Chevy 1500, really nice shape. Power, AC, no rust. Has a 5.7 with like 50,000 on a rebuild. Heres a bad quality pic of it

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
nice new truck brent... how come you went with a half ton??

·
MTU 4x4
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
btw...I need to sell this ASAP. Let me know if you have any interest, or any questions, and we may be able to work something out:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts