Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's involved in changing the passenger side front axle on '89 Ford Ranger? Broke the ears off both sides. Anyone done this? I could use some tips, ideas. Thanks.

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
What's involved in changing the passenger side front axle on '89 Ford Ranger? Broke the ears off both sides. Anyone done this? I could use some tips, ideas. Thanks.
I did a google search to see if there was anything good out there for you and I did come across a video of a few guys removing an axle shaft from what appeared to be a ranger ttb set up laying on a garage floor, the whole process wasn't covered, but it looked fairly straight forward. I just can't confirm if its the same set up you have as I'm not a ranger expert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOq6Q8MT-Ng

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
The right side is two piece, slip shaft near pig side. Sometimes they get very stuck together and can be difficult. Outside of that, not really any different then pulling apart any other axleshaft.

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
The right side is two piece, slip shaft near pig side. Sometimes they get very stuck together and can be difficult. Outside of that, not really any different then pulling apart any other axleshaft.
After you posted this I realized that it appears the video I linked is drivers side.

you :fish: me

:teehee:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts