Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heres the deal; I bought this XJ with the intentions of turning into a Mounds/trail rig. Ive since decided to focus all my money/attention on my military truck project. I know the PO, he pretty much just drove the Jeep back and forth to work in the Winter, hasnt seen much off road action.

Heres what I know about the Jeep;

1988 XJ 4.0 4dr auto trans, black w/burg interior. Starts, runs, drives, 156k miles, PW/PL blah blah:chiefwoohaw: ..

It has some surface rust and the PO sprayed the rust w/krylon to make it look "better":tonka: . Interior is in really good shape, tires are good if you like that sort of tire, factory wheels...

The bad;

The TC is stuck in full time 4wd, I dont know why and have never started working on it to find out why...

The brakes are kind of soft but still stop the Jeep.

Exhaust leaks but I have some leak fix tape that will go w/the Jeep.

The PO said it has a small radiator leak but I have not seen evidence of this, but I haven't driven it/run it for any length of time. EDIT- I did find the radiator leak after letting it idle for for about 20 minutes the other day.

Battery is kinda weak but I'm assuming thats from sitting.

I think it would be a great trail rig or maybe a winter beater for someone if they put a little work into it, but you should come over and check it out for yourself. I'll throw in a couple of little things(extra taillight, manuals, brake shoes)

The Jeep is located in Fowlerville, MI(between Lansing and Brighton).

$650 or best offer.

I have a set of (5)32x10.5x15 Super Swamper Radial TSL's on TJ wheels that I was going to put on it that I may sell as a package deal for $1200. Im planning on listing the tires/wheels in a seperate FS add soon also.

·
just floor it!
708 Posts
I sent you an email and i would like to come look at it if you could get me a # i would call you but i have no power right now so please give me a call at 734-883-5557 thanks. im up all day saturday looking for a car to buy this weekend.

·
just floor it!
708 Posts
I was thinking about tomorrow after you got home, like 9 or 10 maybe? let me know along with some directions. thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts