Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
I have a 1988 Toyota pickup 22re 5-speed 4x4 that I am wanting to sell or trade. I have a kid on the way and soon won't be able to drive the yota much as I will need a backseat.
It has approximately 8 inches of lift on the rear and 6 on the front. The guy I bought it from said it has a 3 inch body lift and 5 inch springs on the back. The front is lifted 3 or 4 inches (can't remember exactly) and the torsion bars haven't been cranked. It does have a rake to it, I am plannin on crankin the torsion bars to level it out.
It has 571 gears front and back and rolls on 35x12.50 15 with lots of tread left.

I bought it out of Arkansas back in June so it has never seen salt or been wheeled hard. I am waiting to get the front end aligned and it will be my daily driver until the salt hits the roads.
The paint is new and it has no serious scratches or dents. The interior is decent, the dash has a crack or 2 in it. the seat is in good shape and the rubber matting on the floor is good as well.
The a/c worked on the truck until it blew a hose. All it needs is the hose and a recharge and it will blow cold again. Whenever I get around to messin with it I will fix it.

When I bought the truck it had motor issues. The second night out driving it it started makin crazy noises and died. Rather than tear down the engine to find out what happened, I ended up buying another 4wd truck with a good motor for parts. This truck had a new clutch in it so I swapped it over when i did the motor swap. I got the new motor in and pulled the oil pan on the old motor, I found parts of a piston ring in the oil pan.

So basically, I have the big truck and the parts truck that can go as a package. The parts truck still has a good tranny and good front and rear axles and such. The cab on it is beat and it has no bed but it is still a good parts truck.

I am askin $4000 o.b.o. or I would really like to trade for a jeep. I am mainly lookin for a cj7 or a wrangler but I am open to whatever.
Here are a few pics of it, I can get more upon request if ya need em.

I am located in Ashland OH (44805) which is located off I71 in between Cleveland and Columbus.

Feel free to post here with any questions or email me at [email protected].

Hope I covered everything. if not lemme know.

Thanx for lookin!!! :beer:

-Sean

edit: Here is a new pic. I leveled it out a little by crankin the torsion bars and cleaned it! I think it looks alot better.....

It look nose high in this pic but it isn't. It is the camera angle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What's up? Is the price too high? I am negotiable on price so if ure intrested don't be scared! Worst I will say is no.

TTT!!!

·
Ass, The other vagina...
115 Posts
^^ditto on those questions... if my 300zx deal doesn't go through would you trade for a 1996 jeep cherokee sport listed here, I'd trade you the jeep for your truck some cash for an auto trans... that is if you're interested, figure it'll give you a nice back seat and still good on trails

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, to answer your questions, I am not sure about the mpg yet. You see, I bought the truck with some minor issues and then the motor went out. I have never really gotten to drive the thing yet.
It is at a friend of mine's shop right now getting tuned up and 100% ready to roll.
I should have it back sometime this week and once I get it back I am gonna start driving it as my daily and make sure all is well with it, as well as get mpg info and stuff. I drive 100 miles round trip everyday to work and back so if anything isn't right with it, that should let it be found really quick.
As for trading for the jeep, I am really lookin for a cj of some sorts. I have several friends with xj's and they are nice rigs but not my style.

Thanx for looking,

Sean

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=29613

here is your cj. i need a rig that is a daily driver and the cj still needs too much work for me to get done before i go to school, i also dont have the money for the new tank.
I am intrested in maybe workin something out, I just gotta get my truck back from the shop and make sure everything is ok.

Before this truck had the motor problems the guy that had it before me drove it as a daily so I have no worries that this will be a reliable and dependable truck. Like I said earlier, I am plannin on drivin it 100 miles per day once I get it back.
The guy that has it is a very well known for workin on imports and I told him to make sure everything is in tip top shape and call me when it's done.
If you wanna chat more or whatever feel free to give me a call at 419-685-6666. I work in sales and can usually talk for a few minutes or more at work, if not I am off Friday Saturday and Sunday and I will be free to chat then.

lemme know,

Sean

·
Hardcore since 84
1,527 Posts
I have a 85 cj7 low miles on rebuild many new parts do a search for my name in the forsale section. Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd love to trade ya, but all i have is a 2000 cherokee.
got any pics? I know I said earlier I am not lookin for an xj but as of late my mind is a changin. I have a kid comin and need something I can safely haul him around in.

-Sean

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok,
I got it back on the road finally!! This thing runs great and I am liking it more and more everytime I drive it. I am putting new front brakes on it as well as plugs and getting it aligned friday.
I have a new baby at home now and need something with a backseat. As much as I wanna keep it, it is COMPLETELY non-practical so lemme know what ya got!
I am mainly lookin for an xj lifted or a cj5.

Thanx,

Sean

·
Hardcore since 84
1,527 Posts
I got you pm im interested as well my cj started off as a dd then I got a xj. si i kinda retired it then right befour last time I put it in storage so to spreak it was a dd again. I mean it dose need a little work. It has some rust and needs a front end aligment and the doors have a problem stying shut. Its a 85 22years old. So it has its little probems. Im in pa and its in mi I woud bring it out here but I dont have anything to tow it with any more and the gas cost to much for me at least. If your still interested ill send more info.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got you pm im interested as well my cj started off as a dd then I got a xj. si i kinda retired it then right befour last time I put it in storage so to spreak it was a dd again. I mean it dose need a little work. It has some rust and needs a front end aligment and the doors have a problem stying shut. Its a 85 22years old. So it has its little probems. Im in pa and its in mi I woud bring it out here but I dont have anything to tow it with any more and the gas cost to much for me at least. If your still interested ill send more info.

That's cool man. I really really want a cj so I am still intrested. I would like to talk to ya more about it and if we can figure out how to get things to where they need to go we could probably do it. I have a tow vehicle and a trailer. Could your jeep be flat towed or would I need to bring a hauler?

Thanx,

Sean

1 - 20 of 24 Posts