Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
webwheeler
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting for a freind who is having some difficulty with his account.

1988 Sport Truck pick up truck. 4 cylinder automatic. Good tires. Body looks bad (dented and rusted), but starts, stops and goes. It has 169,000 miles and runs but chugs. It has a lot of blow by and will spit out some oil from the dip stick tube and valve cover breather - possible bad piston or some such problem. No radio. It does drive however. The trans seems fine the brakes are decent. I just need it gone. I need it out of here quick. Many good parts if you wanted to part it out. Or, might make a good farm or work truck.
Located by Union Lake rd and Cooley Lake rd south west of Pontiac Michigan.
First $275 drives it away...

Dan
(248) 363-6868

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
Would it be driveable back to the Sterling Heights area with out too much trouble?

If so, I'm interested in taking a look at it tonight.

·
webwheeler
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I don't know any more than what he sent me to post. Dan is a great guy and honest too, give him a call.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
might just be the pcv/ccv system, they tend to clog and do that with the oil. he could check it by pulling the thin tube vacuum tube from the rear of the valve cover and cleaning it out with some carb cleaner.

·
DPS Diamond Plate Special
125 Posts
I'm Danford1, the guy selling the Truck.
Thanks Jim for posting it here for me.

Yes, I believe you could drive the Jeep to Sterling Heights. What would be needed is some old garden hose to go from the valve cover vent tube under the truck and out the back. You could do the same with the dip stick tube.
Just stop now and then to check the oil and add some if needed.

Someone called today and said they were coming over about 4:30 - 5 PM. They never showed up nor did they call to say they weren't coming... Don't you just love it when that happens?

Dan

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
Someone called today and said they were coming over about 4:30 - 5 PM. They never showed up nor did they call to say they weren't coming... Don't you just love it when that happens?

Dan

I actually did stop by, I knocked on the door for a while and rang the door bell a few times but nobody answered. I left your number on my desk at work, so I didn't have your number with me at the time to call, but I looked it over. Its a little rougher than what I was looking for to start my project.

·
DPS Diamond Plate Special
125 Posts
Sorry I missed you. What time were you here? I was in the garage and didn't hear anybody drive up. At 5 PM I put a sign on my door to come to the garage (lost track of time, meant to do it before then). I left here about 7 PM for about 1/2 hour then came back.

Care to make me an offer on it?

Danford1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts