Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Average Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Ya-all,
Just picked up this truck to use the axles. So, sorry I'm NOT SELLING the Dana 60 or 14 bolt. Basically I'm going to strip it down and keep the Frame, Steering Box, Skid Plates, Springs, Axles, Wheels, and other cool little military do-dads.

TRUCK DETAILS:
1985 5/4 Ton Chevy CUCV M1008
78850 Original Miles
Converted to a 12Volt System
Check out the attached pictures.

Here's what is FOR SALE:
6.2 Detroit Diesel & all accessories - Runs really really good = SOLD
Turbo 400 Transmission = SOLD
TH400 - NP208 Adaptor = SOLD
NP208 Transfer Case (Slip yoke rear) = SOLD

Hydro-Boost Brake Apply System = SOLD
Includes:
Master Cylinder
Booster Assembly
Pedal Assembly
Hydrualic Lines

Solid Radiator = $50
Steering Column (black) = $25
Clean / Solid Rad Core Support = $50

I'm in Clinton Township at the 18 mile and Hayes area, come over and check it out. If there is anything on the truck you want, make me a fair offer and I (we) will remove it. Either reply to this post or PM me for more info.

Thanks,
BB

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
what does the radiator measure?

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
What kind of condition is the frame in?

Craig
Hey Ya-all,
Just picked up this truck to use the axles. So, sorry I'm NOT SELLING the Dana 60 or 14 bolt. Basically I'm going to strip it down and keep the Frame, Steering Box, Skid Plates, Springs, Axles, Wheels, and other cool little military do-dads.
Dear Craig,
Please read the red portion of the above quote..
Kthanx.
Love,
Me:rock:

·
Average Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some more info.

The Radiator measures: 41" x 21" outer edges of tank to tank and top to bottom respectively.

The TH400 should fit all Chevy Small Blocks and Big Blocks. The only issue would be the torque converter. It probably has a really low RPM for the diesel.

Later,
BB

·
Hand state expatriate
89 Posts
It does. You wouldn't want to use that torque converter behind a gas engine, that's for sure. Change that out and it's all golden.

How's the grill? Mine's broken in a few places.
If you want to sell the alternators separate of the engine lemme know. (That's if it's still 24 volt)

Just perchance...nobody happened to have stuck a tach on this thing, did they?

Shocks any good?

·
Average Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yo,

The grill was busted up in a few place, and it gone now anyway, today was trash day.

And I guess I shoulda mentioned this truck has been converted to a 12 Volt System. 12 Volt Starter, Glow Plugs, and Batteries. And the Passenger side Alternator has been removed.

No Tach either. Just a volt meter, speedo, & lots of idiot lights.

Shock are aftermarket replacements & rusty. If you want em, you can have em for say.....$10.

This drivetrain is good to go into any trail rig of your choice!!!!!! I just lit up the rear tires in front of my house with hardly any throttle...of course the Detroit Locker & 4.56 gears helped that one out. I bet my neighbors love me.

BB:beer:

·
Hand state expatriate
89 Posts
Yes.

In fact, this would be a J-code non-emissions 6.2L good for a little more power and torque than the C-code emissions models the half tons got.

Sorry, just saw this and had to answer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i am completely new to working on an engine myself, how would i go about getting a good picture of what the 6.2L is supposed to look like completely together. all i have to put on it is the alternator, starter, fan, and the shroud. but there are some odd and ends hoses and vaccum lines that im not sure where they would go.

·
Registered
501 Posts
West88fan
Shoot me your e-mail and I can send you pictures of my 1986 K-5 with 6.2 in it! The military 6.2 are rated at 150 hp IIRC..

·
Average Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Hey Brads01ws6,
Sure the cab and front clip can be for sale. They are a little rough.
1) the Drivers Fender is gone where it bolts to the inner fender well
2) the passenger fender is decent , but has a big 1/2 bondo filled dent
3) Inner wheel liners are solid, but cracked at battery tray mount holes
4) Hood has usual bend in middle w/ bondo fix
5) Cab has usual rust through at rear corners & floors are gone (but patched). And, both passenger side body mount captured nuts rusted loose. I can't get the bolts out, going to cut em off tonight.
6) It does have a really solid radiator support. Looks like a replacement.

If you want it all come over and take a look, I can even throw in the title for a little extra cash....

I'm thinking:
$100 for the Cab / Hood / Fenders / Wheel Liners
$50 for the Rad Support
$50 for the Radiator (if you want that too)
$50 more if you want the title too

PM me or reply if your interested.
Later,
BB

·
Average Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey AJMBLAZER,
Thanks for helping me out. I was out of town picking up another part of the project, the 77 Cherokee Chief.

And, yes your right. This 6.2 is the exact same as West88fan's 6.2 just no emissions and more power. Oh, and mine is complete ready to run w/ engine harness & controls too if needed.

Later,
BB

·
Hand state expatriate
89 Posts
Hey AJMBLAZER,
Thanks for helping me out. I was out of town picking up another part of the project, the 77 Cherokee Chief.

And, yes your right. This 6.2 is the exact same as West88fan's 6.2 just no emissions and more power. Oh, and mine is complete ready to run w/ engine harness & controls too if needed.

Later,
BB
No problem man, glad to help.:thumb:

·
keep your stick onthe ice
907 Posts
how is the box rust on the under supports?? and how much?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts