Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GetNthere
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need to get this out of my garrage Tonight! First $200 cash takes it.

I just picked up an '83 ALT125 Three Wheeler at a local garage sale a couple weekends back. The guy I bought it off said it was his kids which are all grown up and have kids of their own. He said he couldn't get it to spark one day, prelaced the primary coils and still no spark. So it sat for many years in his barn.

I got it home pulled the crank cover and the coils looked great. Next I pulled off the secondary coil with the plug wire attached to it. The two posts connecting it to the frame were really rusty so i cleaned them as well as the frame mount locations and LET THERE BE SPARK. I drained the gas tank, cleaned the carb and the fuel pump and darn if that thing doesn't run great now. Has reverse, and all the plastic is there. There are a couple cracks in the rear fenders but all in all for its age it is pretty good. Has a head light which works great and the tail light needs a bulb. The only thing it needs now are a couple tires. Priced the tires at right around $45 each, might find a better deal at TSC. The one rear tire is pretty rotted from sitting for so long flat and has a crack in it. They are also pretty bald too. So Definately will need some rubber.

Like I said, Need cash Now so I will let this go for $175.00 If you have any questions call me on my cell 313-727-6698.

·
GetNthere
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going to continue the sale for $200 for this week. Having a yard sale Thurdsay and will be advertised there too. Anyone interested?

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
Crap, how come all the good stuff goes for sale, when I am broke!!!!!!!!!!

·
GetNthere
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, that was my guess. Oh well, good luck with the sale.
T.H. are you giving up that easy? I pass right by New Hudson on my way to work each day. I can load this on my trailer and drop it off to you at no extra charge! It isn't that hard to pull. It may take a few at first but after it is running a few minutes it will start on the first or second shot each time. Oh well, thanks for checking though...

·
Yikes!
1,416 Posts
T.H. are you giving up that easy? I pass right by New Hudson on my way to work each day. I can load this on my trailer and drop it off to you at no extra charge! It isn't that hard to pull. It may take a few at first but after it is running a few minutes it will start on the first or second shot each time. Oh well, thanks for checking though...

I am looking for an electric start ATV engine for a "project":tonka: . Pull start won't work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts