Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ginger greaser
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Time to sell the Eagle. This has been my daily driver for the past year and it never let me down. I drove it to the amc show in Indiana last month with no problems. 106,xxx miles. 258/Auto. Select drive 4wd works great. I have all of the receipts for the parts I bought. Here’s a list of some things that have been done:
-Replaced gas tank
-Replaced right CV shaft
-Upgraded to aluminum valve cover
-New fuel pump
-Rebuilt carburetor
-Installed the carter carb fix
-TFI ignition upgrade
-Replaced ALL vacuum lines
-Replaced distributor gasket
-Replaced temp sender
-Replaced all belts
-Installed pioneer CD player

Now for the problems. The body isn’t the greatest, but not bad for a 1981. The radiator isn’t the best, but it does not get hot at all. It just started blowing oil into the air cleaner. It could be blowby or just a clogged up line in the pcv system. I just found out that the #6 cylinder isn’t really workin. It must be a stuck valve or something. It also leaves a few drops of oil in my driveway after parking it. I believe it’s the oil pan gasket or rear main seal. The brakes can sometimes squeak after they get warm. It’s probably just a bad set of pads. I would love to keep it, but I have my other amc project that I would like to save up for and I need to find more of a commuter because I’m going to be driving a lot between work in Auburn Hills, school in Flint, and home in Fenton.

$500 Drives it home!

·
ginger greaser
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:usa: Bump

·
Titles are over rated
1,298 Posts
I'd wheel it for 600, I wish I knew more about engines, and had the ability to fix this one. I would pick it up in a minute.
I am so car dumb, I thought that I just saw a clutch pedal in automatic car???

Bump for ya, best of luck with your sale.

·
ginger greaser
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the driveway is getting full. This must go soon.

·
ginger greaser
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump for new price.

·
ginger greaser
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sold!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts