Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I own @ halo
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most of you know the specs but here it is.

1980 toyota pickup
1983 22R carb'd engine
L-52 5 speed manual transmission
4.37 gearing

Recently I swapped in the engine and trans. Replaced a broken rear leaf spring, replaced the radiator, hoses, clutch, timing set (single row) and all of the gaskets in the front of the engine as well as the valve cover gasket and oil pan gasket. I replaced all of the vacuum tubing and ditched the emissions stuff. The wiring needs to be cleaned up, a lot of it is held together with twist lugs. This was done while I was swapping in the engine and figuring out the wiring. Right now the truck will run and drive but it will not idle. As soon as you push in the clutch while driving it dies, it will not sustain an idle while sitting either. It is also tracking poorly, the knuckles need to be rebuilt and it will need an alignment and the track bar re-installed with new hardware and bushings if you so choose. The floorpans are also in need of attention (they are rotten) and there is a lot of misc. rust throughout but the frame is solid. All of the glass is in tact and it has a clear title. The truck is sitting on 31-10.5-15 dunlop mud rovers with maybe 30% tread and minor weather checking. The spare is in better shape with closer to 60%.

If I get my asking price I will include an extra top-shift transfer case, everything needed to convert the truck to power steering and the knuckle service kit, brand new from marlin crawler. I think there may be more but I can't really think right now.

Please feel free to make an offer, I need this truck gone by the 14th of this month. Also feel free to make an offer on the power steering stuff or transfer case if you are interested in those.

I'm sorry I can't give it away but I have a couple hundred dollars into this truck in just the last two months and I can't take that huge of a loss.

Pictures can be viewed here

Edit: I forgot to add that I have new brake pads and shoes and drum brake harware as well as everything mentioned above. Also have a 79-83 toyota pickup haynes manual, a 1980 FSM, and a newer chiltons manual. As well as spare birfields and inners.

·
I own @ halo
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like your about 60 miles away. Please read my full ad and look at the pics to make sure you are interested before coming out.

Thanks,

Bryce

1 - 8 of 8 Posts