Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled this out of a 1980 IH Scout. It was set up with the Nissan SD33T diesel, and the Warner T19. Texas pattern, low first gear, easy swap for D20. The Scout had 96,111 miles on it when I parted it out, and it showed pretty much no signs of ever having been driven off-road. I can't promise this, but the transfer case has probably seen very few miles. Shifts fine. I haven't split it from the transmission yet, but will do so shortly. Will post pictures soon. Will come complete with shifter and yokes.

$400 or best offer.
Located in Taos, NM 87571
Will ship, or might even be able to deliver within a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right under my username, it says "Newbie," and I am going to live up to that title.

What, exactly, is the bull gear? Is it the main input gear contained within the transfer case, or is it the last gear contained within the transmission?

I am literally walking out the door right now to split the transfer case from the transmission, so I might answer my own question within an hour or so.

But, if you let me know exactly what it is, I can answer whether or not it's included.

Christian

Is the bull gear included, also?

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
The bull gear is the last gear outside the transmission. Its mounted on the transmission output shaft and drives the transfer case, as that transfer case does not have a splined input. It will be obvious when you split them.

That transfer case is useless without it, as it is not the same bull gear used by the Dana 20.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Pretty clear what the bull gear is, once it's all apart...

Yes, the bull gear will be included. It's the 6-tooth spline.

Here are some pix...

Everything inside looks practically new...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trades I could be interested in are:

1) Driver's drop front Dana 44, such as from an early Bronco or Waggoneer

2) Four good tires, 32", for 15" rims (going on a Scout)

3) Adapter plate to go between Cummins B engine (4BT or 6BT) and Ford big-block pattern transmission

That's it.
Thanks,
Christian

·
Registered
127 Posts
3) Adapter plate to go between Cummins B engine (4BT or 6BT) and Ford big-block pattern transmission
As far as I know, that does not exist, as least a factory Cummins part.
The only way I know that get a like a C6 from a 460 Ford to work with a Cummins B series engine is a custom adapter from Destroked.
Be prepared with THICK wallet when you go to get their solution.
IMHO, it would be cheaper to consider another transmission/transfercase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts