Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Parting or sell complete, 1979 stake truck. 454 w/ 400th trans. 98,000 original miles. 1 ton 2wd. Complete.
Runs great needs exhaust gasket and gas tank. Located in bridgeport. 800.00 takes all. 600.00 for motor. Motor and trans is being held for Smiley23

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Can you estimate the milage on the motor - all complete (pulleys etc)? Is the motor still installed?

Hold me for at least that.

Can you send me pics of the truck too?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Original mileage on truck is 96000. I was told it has not rolled and is accurate. I bought the truck for motor only and because its going to be a driver I decided to go with a 350. It is complete. I needs a manifold gasket because its leaking and a gas tank. It has not been taken apart YET! Pics will have to wait because the trucks are at my barn a distance away. First come first serve.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holding motor and trans for Smiley23. Anyone need anything off this truck before it goes to scrap?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Holding motor and trans for Smiley23. Anyone need anything off this truck before it goes to scrap?
Thank you, BTW, I plan on heading up there Aug 18th or 19th with a trailer, so if anyone is looking for anything on this truck I may be able to help in the transportation back to the Detroit area.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
thats a nice offer smiley23-thanks. The truck will scrap out for 250.00 minus motor and trans. Anyone want it? Has a 8x 12 steel stake rack with pocket style sides that can be removed to make a flat bed. Newer 16" wheels, new grill, and good glass.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cab has some rust, rockers have holes, the cab on other truck posted is in alot nicer condition. Doors rockers floors are all solid on the 76.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wont be able to reply until next thursday, went camping but will return any messages when I get back. Thanks rick

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Motor and trans gone-thanks mike and good luck with your truck. Last chance on remains, going to scrap next week.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Thanks Rick - hopefully I can get a chance soon to pop it in my truck (my new avatar).

BTW, I thought about it after, would it be much trouble to save the condenser and AC stuff on the firewall? I may be up that way next weekend.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Mike,
Had a guy contact me on entire truck and asked if it was a air cab. Not sure what he wants but if it falls through or he backs out its yours. Looking at your pics I think someone put a older grill and headlight trim. The 79-80 I believe went around the turn signals like what you got off the stake truck. Anyway you have it. I let you know later in the week. Rick

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Hey Mike,
Had a guy contact me on entire truck and asked if it was a air cab. Not sure what he wants but if it falls through or he backs out its yours. Looking at your pics I think someone put a older grill and headlight trim. The 79-80 I believe went around the turn signals like what you got off the stake truck. Anyway you have it. I let you know later in the week. Rick
From what I have found, it depends on the model. The "Custom Deluxe" had it around the signal but most of the other models was not around the signal. I have seen a lot of variances of the grills. A lot of them are changing out for the "Billet" grill so it is hard to find an original 79 K10 grill picture.

Well hopefully it falls through - I guess I should have picked it up when I was there.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Hey Mike,
Any news?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts