1978 Jeep J 20 truck 4x4 truck front Dana 44 HD axle. Perfect for Jeep cj or yj swap. Stock axle un cut and not modified.
-8 lug HD 3/4 ton axle.
-66" wheel mount surface to wheel mount surface
-32" leaf spring centers.
-3:73 gears, open -1310 yoke
-30 spline inner shafts -passenger side drop.
-includes brake calipers/rotors.
-1/2" wall tubes, 2-3/4" dia.
-complete with tie rods, steering damper, u-bolts, all u bolt mounts.
-"Solid" cast axle cover included.
-driver side flat top knuckle.
Dana 44 HD 4x4 axle housing is sandblasted and epoxy primed. Has been sitting in my shop for at least 15 years! From out west. Axle is complete, but no lock out hubs. Axle is apart and ready for rebuild. All parts are there from spindle nuts, bearings, studs, everything. Perfect axle for narrowing the long side to get 27-1/2" spring centers and putting into a jeep cj. Jeep j 20's used chevy style disk brakes so easy to get and easily converted to 5 lug if you don't want the 8 lug set up. All shock brackets and mounts have been removed, I do have the original driverside leaf spring mount (see photos) to weld back on. The j 20 axles had thicker tubes and are more heavy duty built. Axle is from out west and has NO rust pitting or damage. I put the Solid Axle cover on it at some point, this axle was removed from truck in Colorada at least 20 years ago and has never been beat on. Was going to put into a jeep cj, cleaning out shop is reason for sale. Price is firm, pick up only and can help load. Located in Vermilion Ohio 44089. Call or text 614-935-8008.