Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
[
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
That sounds like a great way to retired and do that.
It is I like it cause I get to drive them too lol
Right now we are building a 63 galaxie 500 gasser and a gen3 10 speed coyote powered 41 Willy’s and his twin turbo 68 bronco those we are keeping but he had a 57 Chevy 32 ford ray rod 69 mustang and a 68 convertible mustang we sold last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
It is I like it cause I get to drive them too lol
Right now we are building a 63 galaxie 500 gasser and a gen3 10 speed coyote powered 41 Willy’s and his twin turbo 68 bronco those we are keeping but he had a 57 Chevy 32 ford ray rod 69 mustang and a 68 convertible mustang we sold last year

The 63 sounds like a fun project. Any pics of that one would be awesome to see.

·
[
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
My adapter plate is showing up today so hopefully this will be able to move under its own power by next weekend. I have a daddy daughter I have to take my little girl to this weekend

·
[
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Last night I got the original spring hangers stripped off the frame to get it ready for the new hangers and the new 2016 f350 leafs that I’m putting in. I will also be moving the rear axle back to center it with the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
[
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Finally pulled this thing out of the barn sitting at final ride height 2016 superduty leafs out back coil overs up front 2010 super duty axles. I took it over to my fathers shop so we can swap the zf5 in it. Hopefully it will be moving under its own power in a couple weeks. Plan to have the new trans in this weekend then it will be figuring out drive shafts trans crossmember removing the divorced np205 and figuring out the clutch assembly.

·
[
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Finished my rear shackle hangers tonight it’s all made out of 1/4” plate should be plenty strong enough for anything I put behind the truck.. also test fit the rear bumper slowly making progress on it

·
[
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
Last night I worked on mounting the back bumper. I narrowed it to be the same width as the bed. I also reused the original tail lights for the truck. I will be adding led bulbs to it as well.

·
[
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Last week I pulled the trans out and found out it didn’t have a torque converter in it which explains the leak and trans not working. But I’m still going with the 5 speed started sides on the box as well. Cutting up a old utility bed to finish it I will add a tool box or 2 to it. It has just enough stick out on the side to throw mud down the whole side of the truck. Lol. Ordered all new ss brake lines that should be here in a few days hopefully have the new trans in this weekend, I have been waiting on the new fly wheel bolts. I still need to get the divorced np205 pulled out and build a trans cross member and Reinforce the front crossmember so I can remove the one behind it for drive shaft clearance

·
[
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Got this In my dads shop last night finished the drivers side bed side. A couple of my buddy’s are coming over tonight for a wrenching party so should get a few things accomplished tonight

·
[
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Got the trans in now I’m waiting on hydraulic clutch parts. I ran all new brake lines front to rear need to bleed them yet installed a drive shaft and buttoned up a few things on the front end. Slowly making progress

61 - 80 of 102 Posts