Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I need to get back to work on this one. I brought it home to work on and I haven’t really touched it since. I did order a new lp for it but now need a new fuel line as the oem one has a pin hole in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hopefully start making some progress on this truck soon. It’s now in my barn and not coming out till it runs.

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Finally did something on this truck. Lol it’s not much but progress is progress.
I finished the turbo mount still need to clock it accordingly but it’s in its place. I also ordered the front shock hoops so I can get the coil overs mounted.

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I got one of the shock hoops done this weekend before I ran out of welding wire. I also had the engine running on its own once I got the fuel system bleed out.

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Fuel cell is in and lines ran, front shock hoops and super duty steering box brackets and braces are all welded in. Track bar is done slowly making progress

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Finally had some time to work on the truck. I Plumed the fuel cell and got the truck to run on its own. So I started putting the front clip on and mounting the radiator and intercooler, still need to find a ac condenser that will fit but that can be added later. I put the fenders on and wanted to see how the wheels are going to look. I’m not a huge fan of big wheels on older trucks but these don’t look bad for a 20. Gives it a kinda modern wagon wheel look I think. I also pulled the dash so I can start rewiring the whole thing. Someone did some bad wiring on it I. The past and burnt up half the dash harness. Also picked up some rear leaf springs and a bunch of dirt logic 2.25 shocks up with a bunch of parts for $200 I will use some on this and on my wife’s excursion when I swap it to a coil spring axle from a 05 and up truck.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,721 Posts
Nice score on the shocks!!! I always seem to miss the shock deals...

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Nice score on the shocks!!! I always seem to miss the shock deals...
Surprisingly they were listed on market place for 2 months he Had all the part listed for $400 I offered $200 and he meet me half way lol

21 - 40 of 44 Posts