Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you are familiar with my 79 super cab I was building. Well I’m putting that on hold for now as I just picked up a 77 f250 with a 92 5.9 Cummins 12v in it. I paid $2500 for it. Cab is in good shape so Is the front clip. The cab wasn’t mounted when I bought it so that was my first order of business to mount it. I quickly found out the reason it wasn’t mounted is the turbo hits the factory ac/heat box. So I pulled the turbo and got the front of the cab mounted. The cab is on a regular cab long bed high boy chassis so it’s 4” narrower. I made rear cab mounts so the body can sit on the frame and get tightened down. I ordered a bunch of parts and now I’m waiting for them to show up. I picked it up on 3-14-21

I swapped the rear super duty axle in it and plan on running 35’s on it.

I picked up some 37’s and 20’’ wheels fir $400

I personally believe all 250 and up trucks should have cab lights

That’s all for now waiting for parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
575 Posts
Damn you find the deals. Pretty much the perfect truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Gustafson
10,135 Posts
What are you thinking the fix will be for the interference? Will you alter the factory heat box or move the turbo?

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn you find the deals. Pretty much the perfect truck

Yeah that’s why the other one is getting pushed in the corner lol it was listed on market place for 10 hours when I seen it. Eventually would like to manual swap it.

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I ordered a bunch of stuff that will be here in the next few days so hopefully I can start building this thing. It’s currently sitting at my dads because he likes looking at it and he has a hoist in his shop. Once I get the super duty axle installed in the front I will bring it home to work on it. Picked up some coil overs and tires for it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
What you plan on doing for a bed? Doesn’t look like a traditional bed will work

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What you plan on doing for a bed? Doesn’t look like a traditional bed will work

I actually pulled the step side bed off my 79 I’m building for it. I will have to move the fenders forward about 8” but it should work out good. The back of the bed extends past the frame by about 6” so I will accommodate that in to the rear bumper when I build it.

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Got a few things done this weekend on the truck, I installed my American shifter co shifter, should of went with a lokar there was no direction didn’t fit right and is missing hardware ect. I also started installing my battle born brakes highboy super duty axle swap brackets. I chose no powder coat as I wanted to weld the brackets on instead of bolting .

I also received my fuel cell and test fit my box with the fenders moved forward

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I added cab lights off a 2000 f250 I had laying around and I picked up a flat bed as I feel it fits the truck better than the step side bed. As soon as my raptor is back running this will come home and work will happen faster. Right now it’s at my fathers house.

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
starting to look like a truck again !!!

RBB
Thanks it’s slow getting there. I need to finish my raptor so I can bring it home and work on it at my own place. My dads shop is only 7 min away but makes it hard with a wife and kids.

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Few updates on this. Finally swapped the front superduty axle in and brought the truck to my house. I need to rebuild the coil over hoops for the front to lower it some but hope to have it going soon. I bought another Harley so I have been changing things on it and riding it. In the last month I put just over 1000 miles on it

·
Gustafson
10,135 Posts
Man, I don't know how you have the energy to do all this and work a full time job too.....lol.

Nice work so far!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts