Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Wagoneer engine that is apparently intended for a CJ? Its a long-ass thread. Still reading it. He's not done tuning yet.

For those that are registered, the thread starts here.

The pictures and initial dyno run of 693hp and 705 ft/lbs on 91 octane with a blower start here.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
700 hp though a quadratrac transfer case and dana 44's
I'm not really worried about that. He'll learn that lesson quick enough. :tonka:

Post the Pirate link.

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
693hp and 705 ft/lbs with a blower isn't all that much to brag about when you consider its blown

I have had a naturaly asperated 427 that has that much COrse it runs on 117 torco

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
693hp and 705 ft/lbs with a blower isn't all that much to brag about when you consider its blown

I have had a naturaly asperated 427 that has that much COrse it runs on 117 torco
Well, that's part of the point, now isn't it? :stan: That was the initial run and he's using factory AMC heads, too. If you read the thread you'd see how he's not trying to win a medal for his efforts and stated that knowing what he knows now, he'd do it over with different heads. The nice part about the thread is that he posted alot of details regarding components, etc.

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
ahhhh I didn't read it as Im busy painting in the garage

ya some Indy heads would be my next build...what heads/ valves he running?

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
and what is he doing with a blown injected 401 with a wimpy drive train all light sand drags I hope

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
Knowing what I know now I would have just built a 540-615 BBC for my bogger still will happen

Been toying with getting a YJ or TJ and droping my 401 and 9" axles and 35's and keeping it legal and build a BBC for the Scrambler!

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
700 hp though a quadratrac transfer case and dana 44's

Way to leave out the details. :miff: :stan:

Blown7 on Pirate4x4.com said:
Well I really want to find out. Believe me I understand what I'm up against. Thats where I have made a full float 44 rear with 35 spline 1.5 inch diameter shafts, larger pinion shaft. Modified Eaton E locker with 3.54 ratio. No pics for now of the internals. This is one area where I'm trying to do some semi secret design for now (basically dana 60 plus strength in a Dana 44 package). If all else fails maybe a Camo 60 will I build or I have two Dana 80's to install. Everythings a trade off. When you add the size of a Dana 80 under the front and rear you trade off space and weight.

<snip>

Now for the transfer case the 1339 has a few mods too. If that doesn't work out, I have been talking to a couple of Trophy Truck four wheel drive transfer case designers and manufacturers.

Jeff

·
More boost than yours:)
1,252 Posts
I need one of those badass front covers. I've been dreaming about dry sump systems, and didn't really want to run a belt drive, as I already have enough farkin' stuff belt driven . . .

Need more cashay . . .

Thanks for posting the link. I've read a lot of stuff from Blown7 and MC for a few years now, but I've never seen those threads. I have not been to Bulltear for a while.

Take care,
Phill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts