422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just like the title says, '74 Beetle.

99,500 miles
1600cc Dual Port engine, fresh tune up and fuel pump
IRS Transmission
Ball Joint front end
Runs and Drives well

Just drove it home (about 20 miles), gave me no problems. Even got the thumbs-up from some guy. Did I mention it's baby blue with a pink stripe? Not sure what that meant....

Rusty, needs floorwork for sure (comes with a new floorpans in boxes).

Could drive it the way it is, possibly fix it up and make a nice one or cut it up for a buggy.

Asking $1300, car is in Big Rapids. 231-598-2215 (before 9:00 pm please).

Have more pictures on a photobucket site, if there is a particular pic you want let me know and I will try to take it and post it.

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/snowman434/

Thanks for looking,
Brian

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Got a photo of the motor ? If it is indeed a dual port 1600 then yes its a super beetle . It should say super beetle on the rear hood !

Im not sure what year they became super beetle but i think only super beetle had the dual ports in them .

Dont take much fab work to put a cater 2 barrel on them from like a dodge 318 . Brings them right to life :sonicjay:

If theres meteal shavings in the oil ( and there will be ) think nothing of it . Theres no oil filter . Those motors are tuff as nails .

·
Yes this is my truck!
1,983 Posts
the thing that made them super is that they had the struts on the front,they made the car wider,and 73 and newer had the rounded windshield.the beetle and super beetle both had the 1600cc dual port engines,the supers started in 71 and were made up to 78 and so was the beetle!
I have messed around with vws since high school and have had over 300 vws so I kinda know whats what!
later!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, did a little research and looks like it is a SuperBeetle, does have struts in the front.

Will be honest, don't know much about these cars but have had a couple VW powered sand rails and ran with guys with the same (bought a '68 bus years ago chuck full of engines and trannies), pretty much indestructible engine wise.

Never had a tach in one, would climb test hill in first WOT....

Never worried about rolling over either, seems like a big problem these days.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Carter two barrel? Cool, keep that in mind. Always ran either the stock carb or a Weber. Never liked the Webers much though.

You know, this thing is similar in color to a certain Chevy pickup, might be a good match....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man, why didn't you offer that earlier? Just sold it to one of my neighbors.

Will see if he wants to trade for her number though.....

later dude

1 - 12 of 12 Posts