Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1970 Torino Convertible.
originallly a Georgia car that was purchased at the Mecum auction in Chicago last weekend.
Owner is asking $28,000
BECAUSE THE ENGINE WAS REBUILT AND DRESSED UP IT IS NO LONGER CONSIDERED A MATCHING NUMBERS CAR
302/5.0 with the Automatic. ( I think it is a C4)
Interior is perfect, exterior is show quality.
Located in the Rockford, Michigan area.
If interested, PM me and I will put you in touch with the owner.

Attachments

·
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you have an almost numbers matching ford?
Don't be an @$$!

This is a for sale thread. Certain things were removed from the engine so it is not "matching numbers" now. That is all.

·
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm confused too. I sounds like the motor is original but rebuilt with a dress up kit... and idk about the c4
C4's were run behind the 302 in the early 70's Mustang Convertible's...........I'm guessing it was the same in the Torino with the 302 that is why I said "I Think".

If you are not buying it, stay out of the thread.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
C4's were run behind the 302 in the early 70's Mustang Convertible's...........I'm guessing it was the same in the Torino with the 302 that is why I said "I Think".

If you are not buying it, stay out of the thread.
You are correct sir. The 351 either c or w had the option of the c4 or c6. 302 did not have this option. This is a nice looking car. Out of curiosity how well do the doors open and close?

·
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are correct sir. The 351 either c or w had the option of the c4 or c6. 302 did not have this option. This is a nice looking car. Out of curiosity how well do the doors open and close?
I haven't had a chance to inspect them yet. I know that was the downfall of my 73 Mustang Convertible. The rocker panels rotted from the inside out and made the car weak causing the doors to bind. However, the current owner said that it is really clean, and I trust him on his word.

·
Yeeeee Haaaaw!
6,801 Posts
I have a fresh 521 sitting at my shop that would drop right in that thing.

What an unsuspecting monster that would be... :naughty:

just sayin....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts