Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
its gonna be a rat rod project, shouldnt take me long, for the short part, its got a 352 with a 3 speed on the floor in it. the floors are shot for now, new metal will be in soon, runs good all other sheetmetal is in awesome shape, it was a california truck. it will be rattle canned flat black with red pinstriping, whitewalls to come with some baby moon rims:woot: not bad for a 300.00 truck
pics will be up tomarrow, when its light out

·
Pickup Agent
2,094 Posts
Got an early Ford project, too. Paid 100.00 for it, towed it to Grayling from Ft. Worth, Texas. 61 unibody, We put in a 460, C-6, and Diplomat front subframe. Gonna "rat" this one at first, then when the kid is old enough, he can do the body the way he likes. It is a lot better than it appears, very solid truck, just crappy paint.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
If you need a toyota power steering box for it, lemme know. I have 1 or 2 left.

Man, the early ford guys pay insane amounts on ebay for these things..

·
Mall Rated
1,587 Posts
My uncle went with a rat rod look on his 56 f-100. He left the body original and found a 2002 Ford ranger chassis w 20,000 miles that was rolled and put his body on that. It rides pretty awesome since its 2002 suspension, looks like a 50 year old truck that can cruise at 80 all day with the air on. My dad worked his magic on some pinstriping with a paint stick to finish it off.

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,283 Posts
Sweet truck but wrong body style for a flat black rat, IMHO.

If I had that truck and wanted to do a low-buck vintage build, I'd paint it a steel silver/gray, steel wheels, vintage rubber, and a hand painted mural on the doors advertising my psuedo-repair shop's logo.

Nice truck, post progress pics. :beer:

·
web wheeling, hard.
6,774 Posts
My uncle went with a rat rod look on his 56 f-100. He left the body original and found a 2002 Ford ranger chassis w 20,000 miles that was rolled and put his body on that. It rides pretty awesome since its 2002 suspension, looks like a 50 year old truck that can cruise at 80 all day with the air on. My dad worked his magic on some pinstriping with a paint stick to finish it off.

that sounds sweet, pic?

·
Mall Rated
1,587 Posts
that sounds sweet, pic?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
heres my old 66, sold it back in march though...........looking for an old model A ford now

·
Mall Rated
1,587 Posts
That dash sure looks good.
Its still attached to the ranger firewall. He cut the floor and firewall out of the ranger and left it attached to the frame. cut the floor and firewall out the the 56 and set it over the ranger. The ranger inner fenders and core support are still there too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts