Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
[
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this really cool toy hauler on September 29th 2022 it was built in 1963 by Bill Waddill for hauling his MGA salt flat race car. He holds the class C/BMS, record at 243.970 mph. He was also a founding member of the gear grinders of flint hot rod club. In 1991 He designed and manufactured the best racing off road chassis running called the "Mirage"there is a book about him called the original hotrodder. I bought the trailer from his grandson who still has the MGA. It’s kind of a cool piece of racing history to repurpose and keep alive. It’s 38’ long the Cummins pulled it with out a problem. Can’t wait to clean it up and make my bronco fit on it. Plan to cut the back half off and close it in to make the back open for my bronco.
I have already found some aluminum Alcoa wheels for it and washed the years of dust and crap from sitting off it. It has heat ac fridge and full bathroom and a Oana generator. Everything works on it as it should currently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
[
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found the original lay outs for the camper with all the wiring schematics and plumbing for the camper. They are dated 1963 all hand drawn. As far as I can tell the camper was updated with the a/c unit and new bathroom in 1989. I plan to cut the back like a vintage race car hauler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts