Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I fix stuff!
13,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NO TRADES

Extreamly ugly Hough HF payloader for sale $650. This thing looks like a self propelled abortion with a scoop on it. 6 cylinder gas motor that runs well. 4 speed trans with shuttle shift/reverser. The steering is toast on this thing. I was going to convert it to full hydraulic steering so I have some parts. I have a cylinder and steering valve I will throw in the deal. The loader is great for lifting things. I would say it is capable of lifting ~3500 pounds. Hooks on the bucket for chains. I would guess this thing weighs in around 8000 pounds so you are going to need a beefy trailer to pick it up. I can deliver a modest distance for a fee. I will have pictures up tomorrow.

PM me for contact info.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
My dad has one case and one hough, both older than yours and they seem to work great, ugly but work. They cannot match the newer loaders for speed and ability but what more can you ask for in a homeowner special. Did you put them on Craigs list in your area? I just purchased a similiar piece of equipment in your area in the same price range and I made it there first before several others who were already on there way.

·
I fix stuff!
13,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can the steering be repaired as is or must it be converted to full hydro?
The steering box is worn out. When I got it the machine was very hard to steer. I was moving it the other day and the steering took the big dump-a-roo. The steering shaft spins (too) freely and the shaft goes either up or down as it is tuned depending on if you are turning left or right. I would say the worm gear preload nut is broken or has backed out. You may be able to fix it if you didn't want to go the full hydro route.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
What an asshole, He (James Arthur Nash) Ludington truck sales, Swore to me he would absolutly take the loader. Dave if it's not sold by friday, I Will buy it just to cover my own ass of telling you it was sold.

·
I fix stuff!
13,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What an asshole, He (James Arthur Nash) Ludington truck sales, Swore to me he would absolutly take the loader. Dave if it's not sold by friday, I Will buy it just to cover my own ass of telling you it was sold.
He can still buy it but I want full price. I won't even mention that he sorta fucked up my Saturday because I planned my activities around his (non-existant) phone call.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.