Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 · (Edited)
After a ton of cutting, heating, bending, pressing, welding, sand blasting and painting the bumper is the shape it should be. I didn't get all the imperfections out of it. I didn't want to, nothing on the truck is perfect and I don't want it to be.

Here's a few pictures of what I started with and the end result. I have a 1952 license plate that a friend bought me that will go on the bumper tomorrow. I have to make new mounting brackets that will allow it to bolt to the econoline chassis and get it installed.
Wood Twig Gas Metal Event
Bumper Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Gas
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grey Window
Tool Wood Knife Bumper Hand tool
Wood Building material Brick Font Helmet
Wood Road surface Asphalt Gas Tints and shades
Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Fixture
Sports equipment Bicycle part Cylinder Gas Tool

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
Thanks! I didn't like how shiny the bumper turned out in the first couple of pictures so I grabbed a couple of cans of flat clear. In the last picture it's not such a statement piece and looks like it belongs. I have a pretty big list of little things to buy for it that are going to help with a few finishing touches. Rims and tires are still the biggest thing I need to buy for now. The plan for this summer is to drive it a lot. Next year maybe some power and a 6R80 would be nice one day.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 · (Edited)
I finally got some rims and new tires awhile back. They're factory F250/350 rims I blasted and painted. When I get the ones I really want I'm going to go with a more + offset to tuck them in more. I've also been looking into ways to drop the front end down a few inches, she's sitting too high in the front. The ford front suspension doesn't give a lot of down movement before the wheels start bowing in.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light
Here's one of it parked next to a CJ5 a friend of mine owns.
Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Vehicle
I ended up picking up another project a couple weeks ago. So far it's been a daddy daughter build getting her running and driving again.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

181 - 195 of 195 Posts