Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 1844 Posts

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just finishing up my tj and my buddys tj(wheelsofsteele). he did a 60 front w 60 rear out of a 79 ford. had a rubicon long arm so we changed the upper links in rear, tossed the rear trackbar and built a 3 link for the front. i did a 60 front 14 bolt rear,3 link front, leaves in the rear. streched to 103. i built new arms for the front and 2.5 currie joints. will post up pictures and more detail when i figure out how to get these pictures in photobucket. we started mikes jeep july 29 sun night and finishing it up today. his tj is a 1997 mine is a 2003. there is some diffrent stuff between the years.i will give detail on what we ran into.

·
$9.00 vanilla malt
2,773 Posts

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kiss my ass kevin!! i cannot figure this damn digital camera out!!! ksjeeper gave me a new spot so i shall try that tomorrow..i need to come use your press kevin to get my joints in!!

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Where's the pics at? WPWP :stan:
you saw some of the pictures mall crawler!!! your bit did not work we had to take it to a machine shop!!thanks for the help though..mikes is rolling and done, we just need to do some minore adjustments and put some big tires on it..it turned out really nice!!

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am working on more pictures. mikes is done and rolling. need to get my joints on my lower arms and mount all the little stuff. will be posting these asap.

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when will it wheel. nicks will be rolling by friday
mike will want to go out buy fri. mine will be good to go exept shocks and wheels. waiting for gears too. stop over this week colin and check them out.

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
added a few pic. will get more posted .

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not enough wheelbase $.02

other than that it looks good.
he didnt want to cut his fenders up yet. he is at 98, so we did stretch the front a couple and the rear. i took mine back to 101 comp cut the rear.should be able to show pic of finished product w tires this weekend.

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I originally did this with my RE LA when I went to 60s. The rear upper joints did not like it. I ripped them up within a year. Keep an eye on them.
we will thanks. rubicon express told him he could just angle them in and make a brace over the axle. well no way. we had to cut the upper mounts off the skid and make new ones. would not allow the arms to come in far enough. didnt want that bind anyhow.

1 - 20 of 1844 Posts