Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone else have one, I picked mine up about 3 weeks ago and love this thing.....

it's a 1/5 scale gas powered RC and it rips, stock 2.1hp, with the pipe I added 3.15hp! Just curious who else has one on this forum. It is so maintenance free compared to Nitro's and takes some MAJOR beatings that no Nitro I've seen would be able to get back up from.

there's a bunch of pics from a track in Saginaw @ Bandit Paintball (next to Hicky's Black Metal Chopers)

http://www.akkoz.com/baja5b/2007-07-21_bandit/index.htm

and a bunch of cool videos here http://www.hpiracing.com/kitvideos/10600.html

·
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
glad you two liked it so much, now go to Larry's hobby shop and pick one up! A friend at work bought one and I saw him run it once and went to the hobby shop the next day.

I took mine out to Silver Lake on the SAturday after the 4th and was drag racing on the strip against quads, bikes, dune buggies, trucks, jeeps, etc....I was beating 80% or more of them in the first 300 feet!! It was crazy, I ended up using my toy the entire day as my jeep sat on the beach.

·
AAA GOLD ROCKS!!!!!
8,512 Posts
1k give or take a few.

I sold all my RC cars and trucks when I got into jeeps. I thought it would be cheaper I was wrong. I still have the Heli. Everytime i took it out it was a $200-500 crash.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Larry's has tons of stuff, although I think I'd rather buy a truggy. Just my preference, though. HPI has really good stuff, although for some stupid reason they like to discontinue their products very fast.
BTW what's the top speed on that thing? I've just started getting back into R/C stuff and was surprised when a guy at Larry's told me about a couple truggies I was looking at, they are direct drive.

·
Axle Guru Extraordinaire
7,921 Posts
Pssssssshhhh I have a 5hp motor I had on my 1/8 monster truck, it is the size of a pop can :rock:

Looks sweet :thumb:

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Don't be fooled with the older cars, they rip. I was planning on restoring my Traxxas Nitro Buggy but have yet to find another chassis tub. Back when the T-Maxxs came out my old friend had a decently modded one, I whomped that thing with my tired old Nitro Buggy. This was back before the 2.5s came out, and the T-Maxxs had .15s.
The chassis tub is a lot beefier than the cars today, I jumped that thing over many a car/house/tree and it never gave up. The engine ended up quitting so I modified the chassis tub to fit an electric Rustler, and now I want to make it gas again but can't because of the mods I did.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Thats fucking sweet toy.. but i can think of A LOT better ways to spend a grand
x2. If i spent $1,000 on a remote controlled buggy... I think I wold find a suitcase on the front porch and a foot in my ass.

Although it is very sweet - I couldnt justify ten benjamins.

Now if we are talkin...$400-500 I might be able to swing it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts