Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trying to get my jk in for the airbag recall for over a year (and multiple dealers) the work was finally done. There were 7 pending recalls including the clock spring, which im my best guess why no one wanted to do the air bag recall, and trans over temp idiot light reflash. Anyways, horn is now inop at the wheel after work performed and the average econ/dte screen is malfunctioned. Power locks work when they want to on both keys (had a new one made while it was in). It sounds like the new clock spring or horn switch was damaged on install, but Has anyone had these issues after trans over temp software was installed? Im reading from one individual post that the trans over temp reflash causes the glitch with the econ/dte screen and that the gauge cluster has to be replaced with an updated cluster. Just want to have more info to back up my problems, incase they try to fight me on it.

·
Gustafson
9,286 Posts
The horn not working sounds like someone didn't plug it in when they installed the new airbag. Either way, it sounds like another trip to the dealer is in order.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts