Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Yooper In Training
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let my dad borrow my truck last week and during the snow storm some jackass decided to take it upon himself to plow a main road with his plow blade straight, blasting the front of my truck with chunks of snow and ice. It broke a bunch of the mounting clips on various plastic front end parts. My dad is gonna make it right, but I figured I'd check here first to try and save him a few bucks.

Looking for:
Headlights(need driver side but will take both if need be)
Parking lights(need both)
Grill assembly(HD style)
Headlight/parking light mounting plates(large plastic pieces that mount to core support)

They're all fairly cheap on ebay, but if someone is parting out an 03-07 Silverado or Avalanche I'd be interested in those parts. Shouldn't matter which series truck it is for most of the parts, but I'd prefer the HD style grill.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
I don't have any of the parts you need, but one of my biggest pet peeves is private plows and driveway cowboys pushing their snow out into the road and making things worse so they have a clean driveway. I'd be even more annoyed if some ass bag was plowing the roads and fucked up my truck!

·
Yooper In Training
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep agreed. Some assbag was plowing Hickory Ridge Saturday evening!

·
Live Action!
15,748 Posts
I have the all the lights, passenger headlight is broken but the drivers side is fine.

They are bit foggy, I replaced all mine with the ebay ones for about $90.

I am hoping they hold up and don't get foggy too quickly.

·
Yooper In Training
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the all the lights, passenger headlight is broken but the drivers side is fine.

They are bit foggy, I replaced all mine with the ebay ones for about $90.

I am hoping they hold up and don't get foggy too quickly.
Thanks, but I'd rather not get foggy lights. My car already has those and I despise them. How long have the eBay lights been fog-free so far?

·
Live Action!
15,748 Posts
Thanks, but I'd rather not get foggy lights. My car already has those and I despise them. How long have the eBay lights been fog-free so far?
Still look new a month later :sonicjay:

For the price and how nice they look I would get the ebay set. Even if you have to swap them out every couple years.

Try waxing them to help keep them nice, anything with UV protection will help.

·
Live Action!
15,748 Posts
And for the headlight mounting panels you can get aftermarket ones pretty cheap, they are not quite as nice as OEM but work fine.

And I recently saw a grille for sale either on here or craigslist.

·
Yooper In Training
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And for the headlight mounting panels you can get aftermarket ones pretty cheap, they are not quite as nice as OEM but work fine.

And I recently saw a grille for sale either on here or craigslist.
Yeah they're only $42 shipped for a pair

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have both headlights and both fron turns for that truck.
I purchased them as blems But Never did find where the blem was. There OEM Parts
100$ For all four

·
Yooper In Training
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guess I started this thread too soon. I tore it apart last night and most of the broken pieces were sitting in the bumper. The grille wasn't salvageable but a new one is already on the way. Only 1 parking light needs replacement, and only 1 locating tab was broken off a headlight and was easily epoxied back on. So I just need a parking light, a couple bulbs, and the light mounting brackets for both sides. I'll probably just get all that online.

I have both headlights and both fron turns for that truck.
I purchased them as blems But Never did find where the blem was. There OEM Parts
100$ For all four
Thanks, but turns out I don't need as much as I thought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts