Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a stoopid question but will I be able to pull my transmission if I cannot turn the flywheel to remove the converter bolts?
Or do I need to pull the engine and trans in one shot?

any thought would be appreciated
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
You "Might" be able to pull the trans without removing the converter. It just depends on if you can get a straight pull back on it.

What are you trying to do?

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You "Might" be able to pull the trans without removing the converter. It just depends on if you can get a straight pull back on it.

What are you trying to do?
well I don't really know what I am trying to do the damned thing is locked up I can't turn the engine over at all tried pulling the plugs and using a breaker bar etc. It was running fine before it happened drove to westbranch and It stalled and wont turn over. I have been told the trans pump is probably locked up. :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
3,591 Posts
well I don't really know what I am trying to do the damned thing is locked up I can't turn the engine over at all tried pulling the plugs and using a breaker bar etc. It was running fine before it happened drove to westbranch and It stalled and wont turn over. I have been told the trans pump is probably locked up. :confused: :confused: :confused:
unless the converter is locked up too the motor should atleast turn over

·
Yankabilly
7,944 Posts
unless the converter is locked up too the motor should atleast turn over
Even if the converter was locked up it would still turn. Unless the pump is fawked and welded itself to the converter.

You should be able to pull the trans straight back to disengage it from the converter. Just don't try to install it that way...

·
AAA GOLD ROCKS!!!!!
8,512 Posts
Might sounds stupid quag but pull the belt off to make sure the alt. or some other acc. lock up. Then try to turn the engine over by hand. I once had a pos chevy have the alt. lock up and the motor seemed froze.

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Might sounds stupid quag but pull the belt off to make sure the alt. or some other acc. lock up. Then try to turn the engine over by hand. I once had a pos chevy have the alt. lock up and the motor seemed froze.
yeah I can't believe I didn't think of that I had a pos chevy that did the same but to no avail it still dosent turn over.
buh bye auto hello stick?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts