Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Extraordinarily Ordinary
16,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JENISON, Mich. (WZZM) - Need a brake job? Then you're in luck thanks to the Detroit Lions.

Lentz USA in the Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo area is offering free brake pads to make up for the disappointing performance by the Lions this season.

Brian Meeter, manager of the Jenison Lentz on Main Street says the idea actually came from a customer. "We were sitting around talking and I said 'we should have an 0-16 party.' And the customer said 'you should give away free brake pads.' And the customer is always right!"

Lentz USA is picking up the cost of the free brake pads for the entire month of January.

The customer still has to pay labor which adds up to about $103, but the savings are still good at $40 or more per brake pad.

Pat Tomlinson of Florida was just passing through the area when he saw the sign outside Lentz USA. "I saw the sign Saturday, so I watched the game on Sunday, and I came in today. Pretty good deal, especially in this economy."

So what could top this? "How about a total car makeover. That's what we're planning for February or March." says Meeter.

At the moment that is not tied to any Detroit sports franchise, but could be if the right situation materializes.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=103331&catid=14

·
Visiting Admin
9,065 Posts
103 bucks

they are more than likely paying about 6 bucks for a set of pads

not turning the rotors

so they are getting 9 dollars to take 10 lug nuts off remove 4 brake bolts and reasemble.

they are gonna make bank off this. 1/.2 hour job

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
103 bucks

not turning the rotors

so they are getting 9 dollars to take 10 lug nuts off remove 4 brake bolts and reasemble.

exactly what I was thinking, Quick brake pad slap for 103, no thank you...

However I did just spend 10 hours and about $400 doing my truck :teehee:

·
Visiting Admin
9,065 Posts
Just like mowing a lawn is only worth $10 right :finger:

theres profit in everything, not saying that. they are just taking advantage of people who dont think things out.

its like selling generators to people who could more than likely live without the for the few days they get used :finger:

·
booger eatin' moron
2,331 Posts
103 bucks

not turning the rotors

How many people are going to end up with new rotors, new calipers and new bearings that they don't need? and, oh yeah, your rear brakes, brakedrums and all your brakelines need to be replaced too. That will be $3000, thank you very much. oops we forgot to take off $40 for the pads, so $2960, my mistake.

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
I think its a great idea...ofcourse the idea is to get rotors callipers etc. when the customer comes in theres no wrong in that, every business trys to up sell I dont care what company you work for they all do....even mc donalds trys to get you to supersize your meal.....but non the less its a great idea to drum up some business.:finger:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.