Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

the '46 2A *82" of FUN*

117K views 533 replies 85 participants last post by  Woodyjiw 
#1 · (Edited)
I think I finally have my build plan, and the engine goes in tomorrow so its a good time to post....

that mixed with a

Small Spring Lift
Buick 225 V6
T-86 or t-14
D18
slight stretch (very slight 2")
saggy swap using a FSJ power steering box (f'in huge)

pizza cutters
winch
possible PTO (if I can find one)

3.73 super NT D44
3.73 Standard NT D30 with Disc Brakes

Upgrade the Master cylinder to a 2 chamber at some point.

The jeep will have a military arctic hardtop off a M38 as well.

CJ5 frame... Beefier and will hold up better over time since this rig will likely be lightly wheeled.

Eventually Fuel Inject the 225 for added economy.

See less See more
#8 ·
Boyink said:
Sounds like it'll be an interesting rig...I always like the "looks stock from 20ft but when you get closer it's kinda rad" rigs....
I wanted it stock, but the more my buddy and I get into it it so 'dented' that I dont want to do the body work. Its very solid, just 'dented' So I am not going to be hurt making some changes. I will likely smooth the body as good as possible and paint it with navy markings to honor my grandfather, despite it not being a military jeep, 90% of people wont know and the others will laugh at me :sonicjay:

#12 · (Edited)
ran into a snag tonight... the T4 I have is a one year only that has a spline count of 14, versus the 10 spline input of my T14. Not a huge deal, I just need a new clutch which I should do anyway,

The T14 is going to need WAY more modification then I thought to adapt it to the 60* bellhousing. We were hoping we could drill some holes and bolt it up.

The T14 to D18 bull gear is a 2 year only part and hard to find... (or $70 new)
:(

The jeep will also get a small body lift to make up for the added height of the 150 CID 4 cyl

sooooooo need to scrounge up more parts. The t4 is way too long too if I dont want to stretch the jeep out a lot... and to put a D18 on a T4 it requires a $500 adapter I guess :(

the suspension is what we are doing though

#21 ·
PavementPounder said:
I hate it when jerks like you clog up the drive-thru with your celebrity photo sessions!!!

:stan:

The guy in front of me was taking forever, they had an idiot working the intercomm last night... so I got out checked the load, took the pics, got back in and STILL waited 5 mins to order :sonicjay:

I think they spit in my Pepsi because I started being a little bit of a dick when I had to repeat "#1 with a Pepsi" 9 times

#26 ·
hosejockey4506 said:
i wish i could find one of these in decent shape like that one so i could puts around town in it. arent there different hood styles with one being taller so its easier to do motor swaps?
The CJ3B was a flatfender with a taller hood, it had an F head motor, versus the L-head in the CJ2A. The hood was raised on the 3B to clear the carburator.

You can fit other motors in a 2A using a 1" body lift (which I would recommend as the original rubber bushings are strips of rubber ~1/8" thick (not quite) If you can weld you may be able to get another motor in without a body lift even.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.