Rule of Law or Rule of Ruling Class? - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 20th, 2020, 10:17 AM   #1
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,659
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default Rule of Law or Rule of Ruling Class?

Interesting piece was forwarded to me. Are we headed to a banana republic where the ruling class will rule over the rest of us?
The way this guy explains it, it sure sounds like we are going towards that direction and with what is happening now seems like we are there and things will get worse or go in a way we only really see in other countries where the ruling class rules over the populace.

aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 20th, 2020, 12:15 PM   #2
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Alpena, MI
Posts: 8,407
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Default

Where have you been? This has already been the case since probably the 90's
__________________
-2011 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0L
-2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L 65th Annv.
-1996 Chevrolet K1500 5.7L Vortec- Dirty mall queen
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 01:10 PM   #3
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,659
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
Where have you been? This has already been the case since probably the 90's
I have known about it for awhile now but it seems more in our face now than ever.
We see the push from the left with Trump in office. The way he says that he is going to drain the swamp.
It does kinda make you wonder how long will we actually be free? And not crushed by the weight of those at the top. We see how liberal governors are locking people in their homes during this coronavirus deal for our safety.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old May 20th, 2020, 01:32 PM   #4
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Alpena, MI
Posts: 8,407
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I have known about it for awhile now but it seems more in our face now than ever.
We see the push from the left with Trump in office. The way he says that he is going to drain the swamp.
It does kinda make you wonder how long will we actually be free? And not crushed by the weight of those at the top. We see how liberal governors are locking people in their homes during this coronavirus deal for our safety.
I dont' see it any different under the repubs or demo governments.
__________________
-2011 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0L
-2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L 65th Annv.
-1996 Chevrolet K1500 5.7L Vortec- Dirty mall queen
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 02:00 PM   #5
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,659
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
I dont' see it any different under the repubs or demo governments.
For the most part you are correct. There are those that see themselves as the ones to rule over the people and that's it.
I suppose if you look at it we can go back as far as Kennedy to present day.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 09:20 PM   #6
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,950
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Not worth 38 minutes of my life to watch that.

If there's a problem, it's the system that allows concentration of wealth and people that a billionaire reality show host would make a good leader.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2020, 07:14 AM   #7
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,659
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Not worth 38 minutes of my life to watch that.

If there's a problem, it's the system that allows concentration of wealth and people that a billionaire reality show host would make a good leader.
Nothing to watch really, its audio. For the most part its not about Trump so your good there. It's about how the ruling class of people that skirt the law for one group but hold the rest accountable. Two sets of laws. It's like when Hillary got away with her crimes that if anyone else had destroyed evidence and lied to congress they would be in prison. Lets look at Roger Stone, he did a fraction of her crime and he was jailed. The list goes on.
Its a good listen really.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2020, 08:33 AM   #8
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter
 
JohnnyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 8,097
iTrader: (38)
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Default

I didn't watch, but I'll say it again "if a $400,000 per year job is worth billions, then there is something wrong"
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2020, 03:26 PM   #9
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,659
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post
I didn't watch, but I'll say it again "if a $400,000 per year job is worth billions, then there is something wrong"
I thought the same, 38 min. wasted. But I did listen to it while having my morning coffee and its not about Trump although he is mentioned in it.
It has more to do with a ruling class of people and not just politicians.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2020, 07:53 AM   #10
wrath
Project Antitube
 
wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Chelsea, MI
Posts: 871
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to wrath
Default

I'm not going to listen to it, mostly because you posted it.

We have a caste system in the US. If you have ever been in an airport you will see it. Everyone rides on the same plane. However, there are people that have to get fondled by the TSA versus people that walk through without stopping. There is the common area for the poors and then there are the "lounges" for the privileged. Ever board a plane? It is literally split up entirely by your socioeconomic status.

You know who the ruling class overwhelmingly is? The Republicans.
wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2020, 05:49 AM   #11
greygoose
Gustafson
 
greygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-18-08
Location: New Baltimore / Presque Isle
Posts: 8,972
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath View Post
I'm not going to listen to it, mostly because you posted it.

We have a caste system in the US. If you have ever been in an airport you will see it. Everyone rides on the same plane. However, there are people that have to get fondled by the TSA versus people that walk through without stopping. There is the common area for the poors and then there are the "lounges" for the privileged. Ever board a plane? It is literally split up entirely by your socioeconomic status.

You know who the ruling class overwhelmingly is? The Democrats.
Fixed.
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2020, 07:59 AM   #12
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,659
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
Fixed.


Because I posted the link he will not look at it. Kinda makes me wonder who is closed minded and who is not.
It is so obvious who gets the special treatment. Some get sent to prison for a crime and others get off scott free for the same crime.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2020, 08:08 AM   #13
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 30,061
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath View Post
I'm not going to listen to it, mostly because you posted it.

We have a caste system in the US. If you have ever been in an airport you will see it. Everyone rides on the same plane. However, there are people that have to get fondled by the TSA versus people that walk through without stopping. There is the common area for the poors and then there are the "lounges" for the privileged. Ever board a plane? It is literally split up entirely by your socioeconomic status.

You know who the ruling class overwhelmingly is? The Republicans.
Hahaha I find this humorous. Society world wide is based upon what a person can afford or cannot afford. Housing, cars, clothing, jewelry, boats, cameras, sun glasses and any other commodity that you can think of have price ranges. Flying on a plane is no different. I spent the money to get TSA pre approval and also a CLEAR pass. Why? Because I fly a lot and wanted it. I fly first class. Why? Because my employer thinks I am worth it. But I CAN ASSURE YOU that it doesn't change the way they pat you down if they see a reason. Been there done that. I had a woman TSA agent fukc with me till the very last second so that I had to OJ to the plane. How do I know this? Once I pissed her off and suggested she grope me in public, she looked at my boarding pass and then kept checking her watch. My first class seating didn't mean shit to her. That was a fun day.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2020, 09:07 AM   #14
wrath
Project Antitube
 
wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Chelsea, MI
Posts: 871
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to wrath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
Fixed.
Why couldn't you just let me troll the troll? Fun ruin-er.
wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2020, 09:19 AM   #15
wrath
Project Antitube
 
wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Chelsea, MI
Posts: 871
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to wrath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Hahaha I find this humorous. Society world wide is based upon what a person can afford or cannot afford. Housing, cars, clothing, jewelry, boats, cameras, sun glasses and any other commodity that you can think of have price ranges. Flying on a plane is no different. I spent the money to get TSA pre approval and also a CLEAR pass. Why? Because I fly a lot and wanted it. I fly first class. Why? Because my employer thinks I am worth it. But I CAN ASSURE YOU that it doesn't change the way they pat you down if they see a reason. Been there done that. I had a woman TSA agent fukc with me till the very last second so that I had to OJ to the plane. How do I know this? Once I pissed her off and suggested she grope me in public, she looked at my boarding pass and then kept checking her watch. My first class seating didn't mean shit to her. That was a fun day.
Let's say you have Clear/Nexus/Global Entry. You get to bypass the commoners. So you spend an extra what, $30/month? How many poors paying $125 for their ticket to Florida are going to be able to pay for the ability to bypass genpop's 15 minutes of inconvenience?

You're in a different socioeconomic class to even be able to afford that, let alone make the conscious choice to do it.

20 years ago when it came to flying there were the untouchables and the rest. We've now made the rest stratified into entirely different economic classes. What I'm getting at is that we have many different levels of have-nots that are easily identified. When flying Delta, there is what, 6 different calls to board? Used to be you could blend in.
wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2020, 09:24 AM   #16
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 30,061
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath View Post
Let's say you have Clear/Nexus/Global Entry. You get to bypass the commoners. So you spend an extra what, $30/month? How many poors paying $125 for their ticket to Florida are going to be able to pay for the ability to bypass genpop's 15 minutes of inconvenience?

You're in a different socioeconomic class to even be able to afford that, let alone make the conscious choice to do it.

20 years ago when it came to flying there were the untouchables and the rest. We've now made the rest stratified into entirely different economic classes. What I'm getting at is that we have many different levels of have-nots that are easily identified. When flying Delta, there is what, 6 different calls to board? Used to be you could blend in.
Well, since active duty is at the top of the list, the others don't matter.



Other than that, I don't really see your point. Wealth has always brought privilege. When you say multiple classes, this still applies. Look at post-high education. There is community college, mid level colleges, sought after colleges and Ivy League colleges. Unless your kid is scholarship bound, your income determines which one they attend.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2020, 09:55 AM   #17
Mihlfeldl2005
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
 
Mihlfeldl2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-04-11
Location: Fowlerville, MI
Posts: 3,874
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mihlfeldl2005 Send a message via Skype™ to Mihlfeldl2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Well, since active duty is at the top of the list, the others don't matter.







Other than that, I don't really see your point. Wealth has always brought privilege. When you say multiple classes, this still applies. Look at post-high education. There is community college, mid level colleges, sought after colleges and Ivy League colleges. Unless your kid is scholarship bound, your income determines which one they attend.
I for one LOVE boarding first. That being said the fuckers really ought to do it by seat... Board the last rows first so you're not stuck in the hallway waiting on grandma to store her bag

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Mihlfeldl2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2020, 10:06 AM   #18
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 30,061
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihlfeldl2005 View Post
I for one LOVE boarding first. That being said the fuckers really ought to do it by seat... Board the last rows first so you're not stuck in the hallway waiting on grandma to store her bag

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah but all you cock suckers stuff your bags in the first open bin and then they are full by the time the people in front get on.

Oh and for the record Ian, thank you for your continued service.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2020, 10:56 AM   #19
Mihlfeldl2005
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
 
Mihlfeldl2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-04-11
Location: Fowlerville, MI
Posts: 3,874
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mihlfeldl2005 Send a message via Skype™ to Mihlfeldl2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Yeah but all you cock suckers stuff your bags in the first open bin and then they are full by the time the people in front get on.

Oh and for the record Ian, thank you for your continued service.
13 1/2 years this month. I'm in till they kick me out... I appreciate your support though Jim

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Mihlfeldl2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
Page generated in 0.72964 seconds with 84 queries