Ice Age is coming back. - Page 8 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 6th, 2019, 07:12 PM   #141
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,531
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Young earth believers figure the earth to be more around 6000 yrs. Where is your proof that science disproves a young earth?
You do realize that the guy who wrote the article and the website is his is almost an Einstien.
I would think that you would need to find evidence to disprove his findings.
You might want to think about looking over the rest of his site to see where he is coming from or just stick to the sites you visit to gather your information.
Once you add an omnipotent god into the equation nothing is impossible, so nothing can be disproven.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 6th, 2019, 07:36 PM   #142
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,531
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
Again. This is hilarious. You of all people, agreeing that it is hard to understand the accuracy of statements based upon an inability to verify the information.

Pot. Meet Kettle.
Scientists make mistakes also. If you accept what you are told without question you are the same as Aber (no offence intended.)
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2019, 08:48 PM   #143
BlooMule
Old School
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: far from the shithole
Posts: 32,935
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Scientists make mistakes also. If you accept what you are told without question you are the same as Aber (no offence intended.)
The difference is science has peer review.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 06:53 AM   #144
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,202
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjman View Post
So your gonna believe one person over countless scientific data and scientists that proves the earth is older than 6,000 years old. Ya ever hear of carbon dating? You said before ya believed dinosaurs existed, guess what they lived 65 million years ago. And you do realize some of the smartest people in the world are Also some of the craziest right? Let me guess the earth is flat right? We never landed on the moon either and 911 was a hoax. I hope one day that ring gets ripped out your nose you’re being led by. Have your own thoughts not what ur told to believe by a minuscule amount of the people who you believe are right versus the proven masses with facts and scientific data, but I do realize I’m wasting my energy typing this because you can’t have a open mind


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There are plenty of scientists that follow the model of a young earth. The site and link I provided also proves that carbon dating does not work the way you think it does. Carbon dating is used to date the material located around the said fossils or bones not the actual bones or fossils. They did use the carbon dating method on the material from mount st helens in Washington state volcano and those findings came back dating in the millions of years. But the volcano blew up only ten years prior to that. Did you know that the rocks from the grand canyon are dated as older from the top and younger from the bottom? If you have an open mind as you claim to have read into the link and it explains much more than the global warming.

If the dinosaurs existed and died out 65 million years ago then how is it that cave drawings have been found of pictures of dinosaurs. Man was not alive at that time. Look up the writings of marco polo. In his writings he describes in detail a t-rex and other supposed extinct dinosaurs. They didn't tell you this in school because so much is kept out of text books to sell the notion that evolution is the only way it could have happened when in fact the evidence shows something different. You just need to have an open mind. Its like a book, you need to open it to read what's inside.
I will find a link to another site that talks about man and dinosaurs.
https://www.creationworldview.org/ar..._view.asp?id=6

Last edited by aber61; March 7th, 2019 at 07:05 AM.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 07:02 AM   #145
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,202
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
The difference is science has peer review.
Which is why many scientists refuse to or are unwilling to come forward with data or evidence to show a young earth n fear of being pushed out by their peers.
They are out there and the numbers are growing.
The link I provided is an example of a man that saw something wrong with the evolution model and wrote articles showing why he didn't believe in their findings but showed that creation works with what we see.
For instance, have anyone ever seen mountains with curving lines running through them? That would have had to be soft like mud in order to be shaped like that. We cant bend rocks like that, they would break.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 07:11 AM   #146
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,202
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Once you add an omnipotent God into the equation nothing is impossible, so nothing can be disproven.
Because with God, all things are possible.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 08:10 AM   #147
Zjman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-28-14
Location: Corning, ohio
Posts: 241
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
There are plenty of scientists that follow the model of a young earth. The site and link I provided also proves that carbon dating does not work the way you think it does. Carbon dating is used to date the material located around the said fossils or bones not the actual bones or fossils. They did use the carbon dating method on the material from mount st helens in Washington state volcano and those findings came back dating in the millions of years. But the volcano blew up only ten years prior to that. Did you know that the rocks from the grand canyon are dated as older from the top and younger from the bottom? If you have an open mind as you claim to have read into the link and it explains much more than the global warming.

If the dinosaurs existed and died out 65 million years ago then how is it that cave drawings have been found of pictures of dinosaurs. Man was not alive at that time. Look up the writings of marco polo. In his writings he describes in detail a t-rex and other supposed extinct dinosaurs. They didn't tell you this in school because so much is kept out of text books to sell the notion that evolution is the only way it could have happened when in fact the evidence shows something different. You just need to have an open mind. Its like a book, you need to open it to read what's inside.
I will find a link to another site that talks about man and dinosaurs.
https://www.creationworldview.org/ar..._view.asp?id=6


You are 1000% wrong, you better go read how carbon dating works because you have no clue https://theconversation.com/explaine...s-it-work-9690




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 08:54 AM   #148
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Alpena, MI
Posts: 8,152
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Young earth believers figure the earth to be more around 6000 yrs. Where is your proof that science disproves a young earth?
You do realize that the guy who wrote the article and the website is his is almost an Einstien.
I would think that you would need to find evidence to disprove his findings.
You might want to think about looking over the rest of his site to see where he is coming from or just stick to the sites you visit to gather your information.
Umm...what?

You gotta be just trolling now.

The sheer amount of fossles, that have been dated using multiple dating techniques, that have been found to be milllions of years old is just staggering. The most notable of which was actual soft tissue found in ancient cuttlefish fossles that have been preserved and dated to be over 65 million years old.

But hey, the guys is "almost" an Einstein. He's gotta be right.

I'm "almost" a Judge. I work in a court house, I go to court, I make judgement based on data...same thing really.
__________________
-2011 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0L
-2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L 65th Annv.
-1996 Chevrolet K1500 5.7L Vortec- Dirty mall queen
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 08:59 AM   #149
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Alpena, MI
Posts: 8,152
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Scientists make mistakes also. If you accept what you are told without question you are the same as Aber (no offence intended.)
None taken (unless you meant aber??)

That is exactly what I'm saying. He already takes just about everything he believes with out one iota of question, yet he is questioning this now because it could be wrong.

That is the pure definition of irony.
__________________
-2011 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0L
-2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L 65th Annv.
-1996 Chevrolet K1500 5.7L Vortec- Dirty mall queen
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 09:10 AM   #150
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,531
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjman View Post
You are 1000% wrong, you better go read how carbon dating works because you have no clue https://theconversation.com/explaine...s-it-work-9690




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He is not completely wrong, you are not completely right.

Go back and read the article you posted. Note that is says that method only works on things less than 50,000 years old. Then ask yourself "but then how do they date things older than that?" Search for that answer.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 09:16 AM   #151
Zjman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-28-14
Location: Corning, ohio
Posts: 241
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
He is not completely wrong, you are not completely right.



Go back and read the article you posted. Note that is says that method only works on things less than 50,000 years old. Then ask yourself "but then how do they date things older than that?" Search for that answer.


Last I checked 50,000 is much older than 6,000 thus proving him wrong.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 10:01 AM   #152
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Alpena, MI
Posts: 8,152
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Which is why many scientists refuse to or are unwilling to come forward with data or evidence to show a young earth n fear of being pushed out by their peers.
They are out there and the numbers are growing.
The link I provided is an example of a man that saw something wrong with the evolution model and wrote articles showing why he didn't believe in their findings but showed that creation works with what we see.
For instance, have anyone ever seen mountains with curving lines running through them? That would have had to be soft like mud in order to be shaped like that. We cant bend rocks like that, they would break.
So, many scientists choose to not have their work peer reviewed, yet keep posting and publishing articles claiming that they're right. Without the ability for anyone to disprove it.

Sure, makes total sense in the religious world, actually.


And to the comment about cave drawings of dinosaurs when they couldn't have existed with humans. So, what about all the depictions of aliens today? Nobody has ever seen one, there's no actual proof of one or multiple; yet they're everywhere; descriptions in books, on TV, in movies...etc.

Many of those drawings have been disproven as being dinosaurs because they started out as something not, age and watering changed what they looked like to where people thought they were dinosaurs.
__________________
-2011 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0L
-2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L 65th Annv.
-1996 Chevrolet K1500 5.7L Vortec- Dirty mall queen
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 11:34 AM   #153
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,531
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjman View Post
Last I checked 50,000 is much older than 6,000 thus proving him wrong.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I believe this to be faulty reasoning. Just because data can be extrapolated out to 50,000 is not proof that anything is actually that old. I believe that the earth is at least that old, but I have to accept unproven assumptions to do so.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 12:08 PM   #154
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,531
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
None taken (unless you meant aber??)

That is exactly what I'm saying. He already takes just about everything he believes with out one iota of question, yet he is questioning this now because it could be wrong.

That is the pure definition of irony.
Yes, but I also think we need to be leery of falling into the same trap today.

My personal belief is that the Bible was was written by smart people and that they believed that what they were writing was true, and it was probably "peer reviewed" by other smart people at the time. But it was only based on the knowledge available at the time. The problem is that it took so long for new information to come to light that those ancient writings got elevated to the level of "scripture" that couldn't be questioned. I see the claim that something is "settled science" as doing the same thing.

We should always question.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 02:33 PM   #155
AJ Hall
Kickin' Up MUD
 
AJ Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-09
Location: here
Posts: 2,817
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
So what about the millions of acres of forest that are destroyed to build our buildings? There less plants and more CO2 production there ever has been. I don't agree that the world is going to end in 20 years, but if we as a species keep destroying the forsest as we do, and keep paving over flora and fauna, it will destroy of habitat in a couple generations.

That is not conjecture, that is simple numbers. When I see someone say "it's a hoax" to me that means they're not going to do anything to even to to lower the amount of pollution in our world. Which is just sad, really.
WRONGGGGG The earth has more Green in it now than it did 20 years ago.. mostly because of human activity...

https://www.foxnews.com/science/eart...h-tfUAlHt41bac

Whats sad, are the people that spread lies based upon opinions instead of facts!
__________________
If you dont like it, get out.
AJ Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 02:58 PM   #156
wrath
Project Antitube
 
wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Chelsea, MI
Posts: 795
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to wrath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Because with God, all things are possible.
Due to people's belief in one or many of many purported gods, human productivity is a fraction of what it could be.

Imagine what the species could do if it weren't pissing away time, money, and resources in pursuit of whatever they interpreted some god(s) want them to do.
wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 03:16 PM   #157
roll-bar Bob
Senior Member
 
roll-bar Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-06
Location: M CITY
Posts: 3,388
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath View Post
Due to people's belief in one or many of many purported gods, human productivity is a fraction of what it could be.

Imagine what the species could do if it weren't pissing away time, money, and resources in pursuit of whatever they interpreted some god(s) want them to do.
or playing on the internet arguing about an ICE AGE


RBB
roll-bar Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 06:14 PM   #158
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,202
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
Umm...what?

You gotta be just trolling now.

The sheer amount of fossles, that have been dated using multiple dating techniques, that have been found to be milllions of years old is just staggering. The most notable of which was actual soft tissue found in ancient cuttlefish fossles that have been preserved and dated to be over 65 million years old.

But hey, the guys is "almost" an Einstein. He's gotta be right.

I'm "almost" a Judge. I work in a court house, I go to court, I make judgement based on data...same thing really.
Soft tissue dating to be over 65 million yrs old. That just doesn't make sense. Why don't we have soft tissue in bones only 1500 years old?
As for the Einstein guy, ya he's a smart guy. He used to favor evolution but then looked over and compared the creation model and found that the evolution model didn't make sense to what we see on the earth.

Judge? well that explains a lot.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 06:32 PM   #159
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,202
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjman View Post
You are 1000% wrong, you better go read how carbon dating works because you have no clue https://theconversation.com/explaine...s-it-work-9690




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is the basic way carbon dating works.

The Carbon-14 “dating” method was introduced by Dr. Willard F. Libby (1908-1980) at the University of Chicago in 1949. He claimed that it was capable of dating animal, plant and human remains of fairly “recent’ origin. Recent, that is, for an evolutionist. Carbon-14 is a radioactive isotope of Carbon. Carbon-12 is the normal stable isotope of Carbon (99% of all Carbon), which is the basic building block of organic life forms. As they say on Star Trek, we are all carbon based units.

Laboratory research has shown that the radioactive decay of Carbon-14 occurs in a half-life of 5,730±40 years through beta decay that causes the Carbon-14 to revert back to Nitrogen-14. That means that starting with one pound of 100% Carbon-14, half of it would decay in 5,730 years, leaving 50%, or half a pound. Then, in another 5,730 years, a second decay period would occur, leaving one quarter of a pound. The process would continue, halving the amount left every 5,730 years until, theoretically, nothing remained of the original pound.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 08:23 PM   #160
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,531
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll-bar Bob View Post
or playing on the internet arguing about an ICE AGE


RBB
Playing?! This is serious business. Nothing short of the survival of the human species depends on us solving this issue here and now...
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
moving battery to the back ...what size cable? laxman1306 General Tech 17 April 29th, 2018 08:56 AM
Look out halfgassed is back! halfgassed The Pub 26 April 8th, 2017 06:06 AM
Misc Jeep Part(s) SOLD 17x9, 5 on 4.5, 5.6" back space, american outlaw buckshots joe_jeep Parts for sale 5 June 30th, 2015 02:31 PM
K5 Blazer/Jimmy high back seats wrath Wanted 2 June 4th, 2015 07:45 AM
Northern Michigan to Nashville Ten. and back leaving friday compauto Parts Transfer and Delivery 0 May 3rd, 2015 07:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
Page generated in 1.03611 seconds with 85 queries