Ice Age is coming back. - Page 5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 28th, 2019, 03:20 PM   #81
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Alpena, MI
Posts: 8,112
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaXJ View Post
Half the people commenting here don't need helmets, they've got nothing to lose.
I dose two
__________________
-2011 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0L
-2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L 65th Annv.
-1996 Chevrolet K1500 5.7L Vortec- Dirty mall queen
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 28th, 2019, 04:27 PM   #82
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,123
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
Sure, blow of what me, along with thousands of other much smarter people than you and I saying that exact same thing.

This is a problem because there literally is everything you're saying doesn't exist. There is acid rain; look at half of California. There is global warming, and that fact that you keep referring to colder than normal temps means you have zero idea what changes global warming makes. Learn how temperature is affected by ocean currents, and what raising the sea levels does to currents. What raises the sea level? Oh right, melting permafrost and glaciers; what melts permafrost and glaciers? Oh right, warming temps.


You and everyone else keep quoting the radical crazy fuckers that keep saying that we're all gonna die in 6 years cause of pollution. It is a problem, it is happening right now, and quoting nonsense information and not understanding the WHY, is why this shit keeping happening and nothing really changes to help fix it.

Climate change, global warming, pollution, green-house gasses, all exist. They're all a problem. Saying they're not is what's the bigger problem. They're not as big a problem right now as the radical crazy fuckers keep saying, but they will be unless something changes.
They have been making claims and failed predictions for about a hundred years. None have come true. That in its self tells me enough to not get overworked about something we have no control over.
Should we do our part to cleanup and take care of the earth? Of course.
In the early 1900's they were making claims of global warming and melting glaciers and throughout the years it cooled and warmed. Climate is cyclical.
I have a link that makes note of the failed predictions. Check it out.

http://magaspirit.com/2018/03/godzil...mate-hysteria/
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2019, 04:40 PM   #83
Zjman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-28-14
Location: Corning, ohio
Posts: 202
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Magaspirit wtf lol. I bet ya couldnít convince the passengers of the titanic that the ice caps were melting


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2019, 04:51 PM   #84
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,123
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjman View Post
Magaspirit wtf lol. I bet ya couldnít convince the passengers of the titanic that the ice caps were melting


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You responded rather quickly so I know you did not read that article or all the reference articles that followed. Nasa is one.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2019, 06:29 PM   #85
Zjman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-28-14
Location: Corning, ohio
Posts: 202
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
You responded rather quickly so I know you did not read that article or all the reference articles that followed. Nasa is one.


To be honest no I didnít cause the name of that website cracked me up, but I have since read it and hereís what I see, they took some of al gores craziest things he said MAY happen and took some of the wackiest things people Iíve never heard of said and proved em wrong. Gee that was difficult to do. And some things they said are not happening is wrong, tornados and hurricanes have become more frequent and more powerful. Storms are becoming more violent.
The part that really cracks me up is when someone opposes your views you call left brainwashed by left wing media, now pretty much everything you post is from Fox News and right wing sites, sounds like a hypocrite to me. And I do read everything you link but I doubt you read anything I do


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2019, 06:43 PM   #86
Zjman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-28-14
Location: Corning, ohio
Posts: 202
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/3...global-warming


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2019, 06:45 PM   #87
Roadie
Newbie
 
Join Date: 08-16-09
Location: Brownstown Mich.
Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

A standard of statistical evaluation is 6 Sigma. 5 Sigma verifies they do to have a data set that will support the facts.

Fill a glass with ice then add water until the ice floats. Mark the water level and let the ice melt. The water level will be the same. Most of the worlds ice caps are floating on the ocean the level will not rise and drown NYC or LA even if that would be a good idea. Lol

Best regards,

Roadie
Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2019, 10:29 PM   #88
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,465
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
You responded rather quickly so I know you did not read that article or all the reference articles that followed. Nasa is one.
How many of them did you read?

I started with the oldest ones. skipping the ones that require a subscription to read. I'm not quite half way through.

Most of the old ones that are labeled "Warm scare" are in no way written to scare anyone. They simply report the facts (remember when journalists did that?). They say "we looked, and that glacier has receded. And the temperature has been higher on average". A few might speculate on what the cause may be or what may happen if it continues, but that's it.

I see that there are a few scientific studies that seem to have come up with contrary conclusions. But the thing about scientific studies is that they are not like scripture. Sometimes they're wrong. And when proven wrong, they are tossed aside. And yes, that means that today's studies could also be wrong. But I think we should go with what we know, and if it's wrong, we'll do something else.

What's the worst thing that could happen? we develop cheap, clean, renewable energy and end up with cleaner air and water for nothing.

Last edited by brewmenn; February 28th, 2019 at 10:42 PM.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 06:52 AM   #89
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,123
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjman View Post
To be honest no I didnít cause the name of that website cracked me up, but I have since read it and hereís what I see, they took some of al gores craziest things he said MAY happen and took some of the wackiest things people Iíve never heard of said and proved em wrong. Gee that was difficult to do. And some things they said are not happening is wrong, tornados and hurricanes have become more frequent and more powerful. Storms are becoming more violent.
The part that really cracks me up is when someone opposes your views you call left brainwashed by left wing media, now pretty much everything you post is from Fox News and right wing sites, sounds like a hypocrite to me. And I do read everything you link but I doubt you read anything I do


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
How many hurricanes have hit the US in the past two years?
All these predictions have not come true. The poles have not melted, the seas have not risen, the winters have not gotten so bad that crops cannot grow.
What I'm saying is that with all the predictions from the past 100 years NONE have come true.
When you believe the lie about climate change with all the evidence against it, you are brainwashed. See just because a large portion of the population believe it doesn't make it true.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 07:09 AM   #90
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,123
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
A standard of statistical evaluation is 6 Sigma. 5 Sigma verifies they do to have a data set that will support the facts.

Fill a glass with ice then add water until the ice floats. Mark the water level and let the ice melt. The water level will be the same. Most of the worlds ice caps are floating on the ocean the level will not rise and drown NYC or LA even if that would be a good idea. Lol

Best regards,

Roadie


Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
How many of them did you read?

I started with the oldest ones. skipping the ones that require a subscription to read. I'm not quite half way through.

Most of the old ones that are labeled "Warm scare" are in no way written to scare anyone. They simply report the facts (remember when journalists did that?). They say "we looked, and that glacier has receded. And the temperature has been higher on average". A few might speculate on what the cause may be or what may happen if it continues, but that's it.

I see that there are a few scientific studies that seem to have come up with contrary conclusions. But the thing about scientific studies is that they are not like scripture. Sometimes they're wrong. And when proven wrong, they are tossed aside. And yes, that means that today's studies could also be wrong. But I think we should go with what we know, and if it's wrong, we'll do something else.

What's the worst thing that could happen? we develop cheap, clean, renewable energy and end up with cleaner air and water for nothing.
The warm scare and cold scare is referencing global warming scientists warning. Is it cooling or warming.
I did read that when ocean temps are taken they take them from bouys floating in the oceans and the ballasts of ships and use the combined temps and use the warmer ones and then claiming see the ocean temps are rising.
Cheap cleaner renewable energy would be great and would cost a fortune to use. Solar and wind are great but not aa a sole way to light and heat our homes. Natural gas is cheap and affordable. Nuclear is best.
The climate is not behaving the way they want it to so they create false numbers to receive government grants to push this whole climate change is caused by man and we need to fix the weather
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 07:17 AM   #91
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,465
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
How many hurricanes have hit the US in the past two years?
All these predictions have not come true. The poles have not melted, the seas have not risen, the winters have not gotten so bad that crops cannot grow.
What I'm saying is that with all the predictions from the past 100 years NONE have come true.
When you believe the lie about climate change with all the evidence against it, you are brainwashed. See just because a large portion of the population believe it doesn't make it true.
Glaciers have melted and the seas have risen. Those are facts.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 07:21 AM   #92
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,123
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Glaciers have melted and the seas have risen. Those are facts.
And glaciers have increased and the seas have fallen. Those are facts also.
Ice melts and increases with seasons in cooling trends and melts in warming trends.
And the seas will rise and fall accordingly.
Man will not and cannot change the weather period
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 07:42 AM   #93
Zjman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-28-14
Location: Corning, ohio
Posts: 202
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Ice sheets are not glaciers, ice sheets grew in Antarctica but glaciers melted in North Pole. Guess ya shoulda read my link. And hereís some facts for ya
https://earthdata.nasa.gov/user-reso...en-oceans-drop


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 07:46 AM   #94
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 29,246
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Glaciers have melted and the seas have risen. Those are facts.
Do I think man has or could impact climate change? Possibly
Do I think the glaciers are melting because of man? If the answer is yes, Iím trying to figure out how we did that before we invented fire because the glaciers have been melting for millions of years. Thatís how salmon get to swim up glacial runoff rivers every year.

Am I in favor of renewable energy? Yes. But I donít think we are there yet. From what I understand, neither solar or wind power gives a payback - yet.
Using tidal wave power seems interesting to me but like wind, the outcome of that is increased death to animals that canít read the ďkeep awayĒ signs.

As I said before, I am far more concerned about pollution than energy use.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 07:50 AM   #95
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 29,246
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjman View Post
Ice sheets are not glaciers, ice sheets grew in Antarctica but glaciers melted in North Pole. Guess ya shoulda read my link. And hereís some facts for ya
https://earthdata.nasa.gov/user-reso...en-oceans-drop


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Noted. But itís such a short snapshot in time itís hard to say if itís meaningful. Saying ďitís the worst in 80 yearsĒ is just a blip in time.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 07:52 AM   #96
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,465
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
And glaciers have increased and the seas have fallen. Those are facts also.
Ice melts and increases with seasons in cooling trends and melts in warming trends.
And the seas will rise and fall accordingly.
Man will not and cannot change the weather period
Well alrighty then, I guess you have it all figured out.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 09:01 AM   #97
greygoose
Gustafson
 
greygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-18-08
Location: New Baltimore / Presque Isle
Posts: 8,086
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Noted. But itís such a short snapshot in time itís hard to say if itís meaningful. Saying ďitís the worst in 80 yearsĒ is just a blip in time.
Agreed.
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 09:15 AM   #98
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,465
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjman View Post
Ice sheets are not glaciers, ice sheets grew in Antarctica but glaciers melted in North Pole. Guess ya shoulda read my link. And hereís some facts for ya
https://earthdata.nasa.gov/user-reso...en-oceans-drop


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The north pole is surrounded by ocean, no glaciers there. Antarctica has both ice sheets and glaciers. Some are growing, but more are melting.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 09:26 AM   #99
Zjman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-28-14
Location: Corning, ohio
Posts: 202
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Am I outta school here to say that are against the thought of climate change due to pollution/man because itís bad for businesses ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 10:01 AM   #100
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,465
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjman View Post
Am I outta school here to say that are against the thought of climate change due to pollution/man because itís bad for businesses ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
And conservatives will say that the Democrats are for the thought of climate change due to pollution/man as a way to increase government control and push their socialist agenda.

I prefer to discuss facts and not suspected motives.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
moving battery to the back ...what size cable? laxman1306 General Tech 17 April 29th, 2018 08:56 AM
Look out halfgassed is back! halfgassed The Pub 26 April 8th, 2017 06:06 AM
Misc Jeep Part(s) SOLD 17x9, 5 on 4.5, 5.6" back space, american outlaw buckshots joe_jeep Parts for sale 5 June 30th, 2015 02:31 PM
K5 Blazer/Jimmy high back seats wrath Wanted 2 June 4th, 2015 07:45 AM
Northern Michigan to Nashville Ten. and back leaving friday compauto Parts Transfer and Delivery 0 May 3rd, 2015 07:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
Page generated in 0.66011 seconds with 85 queries