Bad accident last night - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 27th, 2019, 05:13 PM   #41
Blue XJ
The Green Machine
 
Blue XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Washington Township
Posts: 4,181
iTrader: (34)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Blue XJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
Damn hate to see stuff like this. R.I.P. Jeremy


anyone have any idea on Dave's condition yet?
John's post above says he might be released today
Blue XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 27th, 2019, 05:32 PM   #42
AJ Hall
Kickin' Up MUD
 
AJ Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-09
Location: here
Posts: 2,816
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

Had the privilege of going back and fourth with both of them on here and then I had the privilege of meeting both of them. I bought a kerosene heater off Dave which I still use. Then his sister and him bought a car off me a few years ago. Jeremy and his ex-wife traded in the jeeps they had to me and bought a jeep Patriot. Jeremy said he wanted to get out of wheeling. He sure did like trolling me on Facebook hahaha he was a good dude. Very happy to hear Dave will be okay.
__________________
If you dont like it, get out.
AJ Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 06:42 PM   #43
mtnbikinbryno
Senior Member
 
mtnbikinbryno's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: TC
Posts: 6,201
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mtnbikinbryno
Default

Well, fuck.
mtnbikinbryno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 06:49 PM   #44
BlooMule
Old School
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: far from the shithole
Posts: 32,916
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadirtracer View Post
I believe they had divorced because I remember him having to give up his malamute for adoption due to some drastic life changes.
Divorced, I believe won custody of his girl, and kept the dog. He was working at the same place as Dave, and it looks like the accident might be in front of the shop where they worked.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 06:58 PM   #45
Tie Dyed
O.G.
 
Tie Dyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 4,277
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tie Dyed
Default

What a terrible situation. Prayers to both families.
__________________
2000 XJ with a 3 inch body lift
Tie Dyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 07:51 PM   #46
FORD FLARESIDE
6'-4.5" 225lb 16Yr LCAHL
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 23,784
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Default

just saw this on FB. so sad.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 07:56 PM   #47
Alex456123
Durango-space-division
 
Alex456123's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-29-13
Location: St. Charles, Mi
Posts: 4,565
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Default

I'm still having a hard time processing this.
Jeremy was one of my best friends, we have talked to each other every day for years.
He invited me down that day, but I was busy getting the sami ready for the reject run. I can't help but feel some responsibility for him being gone today.


See you again one day in valhalla, jeremy.
__________________
#Durangoclan
Alex456123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 08:01 PM   #48
Mr. Beefy
BFT!
 
Mr. Beefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-07
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posts: 15,886
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Default


Pretty sure I met SS once or twice, not sure I knew Jeremy and I've wheeled with Dave plenty.

RIP and get well soon
Mr. Beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 08:08 PM   #49
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,466
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beefy View Post

Pretty sure I met SS once or twice, not sure I knew Jeremy and I've wheeled with Dave plenty.

RIP and get well soon
SS and Jeremy are the same person.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 08:09 PM   #50
Mr. Beefy
BFT!
 
Mr. Beefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-07
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posts: 15,886
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
SS and Jeremy are the same person.
Gotcha I'm terrible with names
Mr. Beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 08:19 PM   #51
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 29,246
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex456123 View Post
I'm still having a hard time processing this.
Jeremy was one of my best friends, we have talked to each other every day for years.
He invited me down that day, but I was busy getting the sami ready for the reject run. I can't help but feel some responsibility for him being gone today.


See you again one day in valhalla, jeremy.
Alex, sorry for your loss. Speaking from personal experience, you can't blame yourself for something you had no control over. When my best friend drowned, I blamed myself because I talked him into going hunting that day. But it wasn't my fault. He was doing what he wanted to do. Same with Jeremy. He chose to be where he was.

Don't ever blame yourself for this. It's simply part of the life we live. All you can do is learn from it. Hang in there.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 08:23 PM   #52
swampjeep
Swamp Stomper
 
swampjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Brandon Twp, mi
Posts: 8,165
iTrader: (27)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Dave has some broken ribs. And a cast on his hand due to a severely cut index finger. Other then that some small cuts and bruises.
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 08:25 PM   #53
busyfixin
Balls Deep
 
busyfixin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-24-06
Location: williamsburg, MI
Posts: 4,524
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Default

Great news for Dave!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
busyfixin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 08:28 PM   #54
swampjeep
Swamp Stomper
 
swampjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Brandon Twp, mi
Posts: 8,165
iTrader: (27)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Alex, sorry for your loss. Speaking from personal experience, you can't blame yourself for something you had no control over. When my best friend drowned, I blamed myself because I talked him into going hunting that day. But it wasn't my fault. He was doing what he wanted to do. Same with Jeremy. He chose to be where he was.

Don't ever blame yourself for this. It's simply part of the life we live. All you can do is learn from it. Hang in there.
Yup. Don't beat yourself up over things out of your control.

And sorry for your loss Alex.
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 08:47 PM   #55
Alex456123
Durango-space-division
 
Alex456123's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-29-13
Location: St. Charles, Mi
Posts: 4,565
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Default

I appreciate it guys. I haven't seen him in a month or so and he was badgering me to hang out. Feel terrible that I didn't make the time before his time was up.
I can't imagine how Dave feels. What a shitty situation.
__________________
#Durangoclan
Alex456123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 09:32 PM   #56
8PTBUCK
I'm the dude, man
 
8PTBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-02-09
Location: Waterford/Gladwin, MI
Posts: 6,970
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Default

Havenít logged in for quite a few years. I hate that this post is the reason bringing me back.

Jeremy was one of my best friends. Met here. Every time we hung out, it was always a wild time. I canít express how deeply saddened I am by this. Heís the kind of guy that would give you the shirt off his back. Army veteran. Tanker. Used to give him shit for being just smart enough to hold that MOS. The first time we met, it was at the sportsman in Clarkston. He ordered a chicken Alfredo pizza that he would ALWAYS bring up every time we hung out. His loud obnoxious laugh was contagious. We met an old Indian that we called John Redcorn there that drew a set of tits on a napkin. Some events of that night I wonít share, but know it was pretty crazy. When we woke up in our waitresses apartment, I drove him home. I didnít realize he lived all the way up in Washington TWP at 26 and Van Dyke. That night was the first time meeting him. Since then, we were like brothers. His loud obnoxious laugh was contagious. His memes were trash but you couldnít help but laugh at them. He was a great father. He loved his little girl to pieces. He had his run of bad luck but he always managed to get back up on his feet. I met Alex through him. Hell, the first night I met Alex, we all ended up at Biscos. Jer kept fucking with my sunroof all the way there acting upset I wouldnít let him smoke in my new truck.

He was like my brother. We were supportive of each other. We had each otherís back. Like Alex, Iím having a hard time accepting this. He was too young. I hate knowing his daughter will now grow up without her father. His parents will have to bury their child. I keep looking at the news article and it kills me seeing his name. I know it will get easier with time, but I keep hoping that this is just a bad joke.

With that said, pour a glass of Bulleit in his memory.

Rest easy brother. Weíll take it from here.
8PTBUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 09:36 PM   #57
8PTBUCK
I'm the dude, man
 
8PTBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-02-09
Location: Waterford/Gladwin, MI
Posts: 6,970
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmetzg03 View Post
RIP Jeremy. Good friend. Was just talking with him about selling him back a gun I bought off him years back. Hope Dave makes a good recovery.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
That may or may not have been broken after we got off of it. You were on call that night and Jer was mad that you couldnít stay and hangout longer than you did.
8PTBUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 09:43 PM   #58
cmetzg03
FORMER BULLET CATCHER
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/Roscommon
Posts: 10,279
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8PTBUCK View Post
Havenít logged in for quite a few years. I hate that this post is the reason bringing me back.



Jeremy was one of my best friends. Met here. Every time we hung out, it was always a wild time. I canít express how deeply saddened I am by this. Heís the kind of guy that would give you the shirt off his back. Army veteran. Tanker. Used to give him shit for being just smart enough to hold that MOS. The first time we met, it was at the sportsman in Clarkston. He ordered a chicken Alfredo pizza that he would ALWAYS bring up every time we hung out. His loud obnoxious laugh was contagious. We met an old Indian that we called John Redcorn there that drew a set of tits on a napkin. Some events of that night I wonít share, but know it was pretty crazy. When we woke up in our waitresses apartment, I drove him home. I didnít realize he lived all the way up in Washington TWP at 26 and Van Dyke. That night was the first time meeting him. Since then, we were like brothers. His loud obnoxious laugh was contagious. His memes were trash but you couldnít help but laugh at them. He was a great father. He loved his little girl to pieces. He had his run of bad luck but he always managed to get back up on his feet. I met Alex through him. Hell, the first night I met Alex, we all ended up at Biscos. Jer kept fucking with my sunroof all the way there acting upset I wouldnít let him smoke in my new truck.



He was like my brother. We were supportive of each other. We had each otherís back. Like Alex, Iím having a hard time accepting this. He was too young. I hate knowing his daughter will now grow up without her father. His parents will have to bury their child. I keep looking at the news article and it kills me seeing his name. I know it will get easier with time, but I keep hoping that this is just a bad joke.



With that said, pour a glass of Bulleit in his memory.



Rest easy brother. Weíll take it from here.
He brought me a bottle of bulliet as a house warming gift when I moved into the house I'm in now. It's still half full.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________
ďIn my experience, Marines are gung ho no matter what. They will all fight to the death. Everyone of them just wants to get out there and kill. They are bad-ass, hard-charging mothers-fuckers.Ē
― Chris Kyle, American Sniper
cmetzg03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2019, 09:51 PM   #59
8PTBUCK
I'm the dude, man
 
8PTBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-02-09
Location: Waterford/Gladwin, MI
Posts: 6,970
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmetzg03 View Post
He brought me a bottle of bulliet as a house warming gift when I moved into the house I'm in now. It's still half full.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I still have the bottle of Eagle Rare he got me for Christmas. I got him an Iraq coffee mug like the Afghan one I got you. Fuck.
8PTBUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 03:13 AM   #60
1x1_Speed_Craig
Simplify...
 
1x1_Speed_Craig's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 8,130
iTrader: (132)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Incredibly sad to hear.
1x1_Speed_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad Buyer Story / Advice Mr.Green The Pub 24 May 20th, 2016 07:22 AM
SOLD - FNH .45 Tactical FDE - 3 mags, Night Sights, etc catalyst Completed Sales 10 December 26th, 2014 08:27 AM
low oil prices are bad for america?? barry1me Politics, Government, or Religion Chat 55 December 18th, 2014 11:09 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
Page generated in 0.59063 seconds with 85 queries