|April 11th, 2019, 07:58 PM||#1|
2016 Nissan Titan XD Diesel - overlander to all of the US & Canada - $34,000
There is so, so much to try and say here. I will try my best to keep things fairly short:
1) Last year, using this truck and my custom overlanding rig, I successfully traveled to all 50 states + all the Canadian provinces, by myself, in a row. Hawaii and Nunavut were flights out of necessity, but you can read about the whole experience here. Photos from the whole trip are here.
2) What can this truck do? Anything, I can say with confidence. 33,325 miles in 109 days. 3 seasons, 2 countries in their entirety. All weather, including the tail end of Hurricane Michael and the worst of the Canadian wildfires of 2018. Truck stop scale clocked in, fully laden, at 10,000 - and I still averaged 17.6mpg for the whole trip. More on that below.
3) Why I am selling: I adore this truck, as you can see from my posts here over the years. But I am eyeing a few jobs where I would be stuck in downtown traffic and likely need to park in a garage... massive tank masquerading as truck isn't a good fit. As the list of mods will make clear, I bought this truck to keep it forever, with the intention to build a house in the country using it. I was not expecting this new direction so I am having to pinch hit to sell it.
4) Any issues to worry about? It is an adventuring vehicle and was used as such, so it has a few scratches internally and externally. But with all the mods done, this truck is turn-key (push button, in reality) ready to go for you.
5) Where am I? Northeast Ohio near Cleveland, but I could potential meet partway with a motivated buyer.
6) Most importantly of all, current stats and photos:
Miles: 70,025 (as of 4/13/2019, this number will go up VERY slowly as I am going to drive the truck every week)
Maintenance: fresh Amsoil and filter; fresh Amsoil slow-flow bypass filter; fresh Cummins Fleetguard fuel filters; ~3,000 miles on the new General Grabber tires; original brakes with 7-8mm of pads remaining. This truck is ready to go on another adventure, right now.
Mods: deleted and tuned (Calibrated Addiction); 5" stainless straight pipe exhaust; Iron Bull front and rear bumpers; x2 LED bars; x4 LED fog lights; x4 LED auxiliary reverse lights; Mishimoto coolant filter system; Mishimoto oil catch can; Amsoil bypass slow-flow filter (good for down to 2 microns filtration, so the oil is analytically clean); third battery (Optima yellow top, mounted to frame rail, charges off the main batteries through an automatic disconnect); Rocky Road rock sliders with Line-X professionally applied; EGR delete; S&B air filter with a spare filter for easy swapping; OEM updated block heater installed; summer and winter grill covers; dash camera. I am probably forgetting at least a few.
Price for truck by itself as pictured below, which includes the following: $34,000
All the mods listed above
x2 Titan boxes with x2 keys
x2 aftermarket remote starters with x2 sets of OEM keys
Truxedo Titanium rolling cover
Trac-Rac sliding ladder rack base rails, installed onto bed.
Weathertech window vents, front and rear
OEM exhaust, EGR, air filter will all be included if you want them.
Price for the truck with everything else as follows: $39,000
My custom camping rig, which uses the Trac-Rac rails and can be easily taken off with a forklift (by design) or a set of friends. A Tepui Tents Kukenam XL (with the severe weather cover, it is a true 4 season tent the size of a king-sized bed); a pair of locking Buyers truck boxes; a solar panel with integrated charge controller (which will plug into the third battery); a water cooler with mount; locking mounts for MaxTrax boards (boards NOT included)
This is your chance to grab an eye-turning glorious beast of an overlanding rig... which can then turn around and be used to help you build a house. Feel free to reply here or private message me, and we can talk.
Glamour shot from my huge trip, sleeping on the Arctic tundra in the rooftop tent on the rig:
Photos in the next few posts. More info on the truck here.
Last edited by mrbrefast; April 13th, 2019 at 12:05 PM.
|April 11th, 2019, 08:05 PM||#4|
Selected shots from the trek with the overlanding gear in place:
Remote northern Quebec, unstopped by a severe railroad crossing/crater:
My secondary happy place, the Trans-Labrador Highway in the early winter's first storm:
Autumnal splendor on the Blue Ridge Parkway + the rig doubles as the best photography platform ever:
Deployed for camping in Alabama and then Kentucky:
Ascending the Rocky Mountains, no problem:
Offroading in the Kofa Wildlife Refuge, Arizona:
The splendor of the Milky Way's spiral arms, clear as can, above me in the Yukon Territory:
|April 12th, 2019, 11:06 AM||#7|
Many thanks to you both. I did the whole thing and I still, at times, blink and ask myself "did I *actually* do all that, in such a short time, successfully?"
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Titan Swapped Xterra Build||wadeforit||Rig Builds and Pics||24||March 15th, 2019 04:33 PM|
|Diesel log splitter build,,, anyone have any knowledge/ experience with small diesel||dirtpoor4x4||The Pub||18||August 4th, 2016 06:04 AM|
|SOLD Big Price Drop!!! 2015 Nissan Titan Pro4X w/6" Lift - Nearly New & Loaded!!||Bow_Extreme||Completed Sales||7||February 19th, 2016 07:50 PM|