Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

89 Jeep Wrangler YJ SOLD

570 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  RockyMtnMike 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought this Jeep for my son about 4 months ago. He will be getting his license in a couple of weeks and he doesn't feel comfortable with the 5 speed. The Jeep has a 4cyl that runs great with no leaks. The rear brakes are completely new, drums, shoes, and all springs and hardware. Front brakes are new as well. Inner and outer axle bearings, new deluxe carpet kit (not installed yet). Shocks and leaf springs are new from Jeeperz Creeperz.
The things that the Jeep could use:
Tailpipe, floor grommets, gas gauge works occasionally, alternator squeals when the engine is started. The tail lights didn't work when we bought it, I paid $100 to have them repaired and they work great. Recently the headlights stopped working, I haven't even checked the fuse yet but right now they don't work. Passenger side shock tower could use a light repair as there is some rust on it with a small hole.
Overall the Jeep is in good condition and mechanically very dependable. The clutch is good, shifts great, and 4wd works great! Soft top has no rips and all zippers work great.
Im open to trades but it would have to be a reliable car that is not RWD just because my son is a new driver and I would rather him drive something that won't fishtail in bad weather.
In located in Brownstown near Lake Erie Metropark.
It's posted on Craigslist as well and pics can be found there. (Check the GL4x4 Craigslist forum for the link.
734-771-7766

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.