Random Thoughts - Page 3158 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 6th, 2018, 09:42 AM   #63141
ckupq
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
 
ckupq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Laingsburg, MI
Posts: 3,723
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak81 View Post
They should be quoting that bitch with all OEM parts... not junkyard parts. I have NEVER seen an insurance company try to skate with junkyard parts.
I have. State farm gave me a junk yard door for my 95 S-10 in 2005 when someone sideswiped me. It was a clean door, but it came from a junkyard.
ckupq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 6th, 2018, 10:03 AM   #63142
greygoose
Gustafson
 
greygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-18-08
Location: New Baltimore / Presque Isle
Posts: 8,810
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckupq View Post
I have. State farm gave me a junk yard door for my 95 S-10 in 2005 when someone sideswiped me. It was a clean door, but it came from a junkyard.
I could see that, the vehicle was already 10 years old at the time...

I had junkyard doors on my 93 Lumina after it was side swiped, no issue.
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 10:11 AM   #63143
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Alpena, MI
Posts: 8,308
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Not surprising that insurance companies are using junkyard parts...for one, most of them can be found in very nice shape. Plus, it's all about saving money, they're in it to make money and the less they spend on parts, the more actual money they keep.

Pretty sure, it doesn't say where parts have to come from.

Even more reason why Michigan insurance is a joke. Highest rates in the country, and we don't even get new parts...dicks
__________________
-2011 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0L
-2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L 65th Annv.
-1996 Chevrolet K1500 5.7L Vortec- Dirty mall queen
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 02:42 PM   #63144
Alex456123
Durango-space-division
 
Alex456123's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-29-13
Location: St. Charles, Mi
Posts: 4,594
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
If you even knew what I got put through.... @GREASYHANDS knows. He had it even worse.
__________________
#Durangoclan
Alex456123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 06:26 AM   #63145
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex456123 View Post
If you even knew what I got put through.... @GREASYHANDS knows. He had it even worse.
There were a few bullies on here that thought it was the funniest thing to belittle and call names. One is gone and the rest pretty much keep to themselves now.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 07:38 AM   #63146
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Alpena, MI
Posts: 8,308
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
There were a few bullies on here that thought it was the funniest thing to belittle and call names. One is gone and the rest pretty much keep to themselves now.
Stop being a bully
__________________
-2011 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0L
-2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L 65th Annv.
-1996 Chevrolet K1500 5.7L Vortec- Dirty mall queen
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 10:23 AM   #63147
greygoose
Gustafson
 
greygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-18-08
Location: New Baltimore / Presque Isle
Posts: 8,810
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
Stop being a bully
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 11:14 AM   #63148
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 29,839
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex456123 View Post
Don't feel bad, I don't take it to heart.
I'm far less awkward now than I was when I first joined here. The people I have met through here have really changed me, for better or worse.
Yup, I think you have changed for the better. You had 2 things going against you, your age being as much as anything. After all, you are still a kid to me.

Although you have been picked on at times, you have learned how to deal with it and roll with the punches. Regardless of your diagnosis, these lessons are important to anyone because it's really learning how to deal with life. "Life lessons" are exactly that......... lessons.

Too many people live in a protected world and can't deal with reality when they lose their protection. In today's world, we call them snow flakes. The other thing that people struggle with is putting differences behind them. Don't hold a grudge. Life is too short. And yes, I am guilty of that. I have put a lot of things behind me that used to bother me, and still bothers some others. To this day, I've only put one person on my ignore list. I'm pretty happy with that.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 11:42 AM   #63149
greygoose
Gustafson
 
greygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-18-08
Location: New Baltimore / Presque Isle
Posts: 8,810
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Yup, I think you have changed for the better. You had 2 things going against you, your age being as much as anything. After all, you are still a kid to me.

Although you have been picked on at times, you have learned how to deal with it and roll with the punches. Regardless of your diagnosis, these lessons are important to anyone because it's really learning how to deal with life. "Life lessons" are exactly that......... lessons.

Too many people live in a protected world and can't deal with reality when they lose their protection. In today's world, we call them snow flakes. The other thing that people struggle with is putting differences behind them. Don't hold a grudge. Life is too short. And yes, I am guilty of that. I have put a lot of things behind me that used to bother me, and still bothers some others. To this day, I've only put one person on my ignore list. I'm pretty happy with that.
Well come on old man, do tell...
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 12:01 PM   #63150
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Alpena, MI
Posts: 8,308
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Yup, I think you have changed for the better. You had 2 things going against you, your age being as much as anything. After all, you are still a kid to me.

Although you have been picked on at times, you have learned how to deal with it and roll with the punches. Regardless of your diagnosis, these lessons are important to anyone because it's really learning how to deal with life. "Life lessons" are exactly that......... lessons.

Too many people live in a protected world and can't deal with reality when they lose their protection. In today's world, we call them snow flakes. The other thing that people struggle with is putting differences behind them. Don't hold a grudge. Life is too short. And yes, I am guilty of that. I have put a lot of things behind me that used to bother me, and still bothers some others. To this day, I've only put one person on my ignore list. I'm pretty happy with that.
I think the the most annoying, hypocritical BS about this new age "accept everyone" blah blah...is the assumption that people can't have an opinion about something. You have like everything, and everyone, and agree with everything, cause if you don't then you're being bigoted....blah

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone has their own point of view. Nothing wrong with it, and nothing wrong with talking about it. But the same "accept everyone" assholes are hypocrites because I can't like them, or I can't not agree.

The entire 'snowflake' mentality has turned into just hypocritical nonsense, that has gone on for way to long, and has gone much to far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
Well come on old man, do tell...
well, not name names...but ya know. Probably the one person that everyone has wanted to put on their ignore list, AT LEAST once.
__________________
-2011 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0L
-2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L 65th Annv.
-1996 Chevrolet K1500 5.7L Vortec- Dirty mall queen
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 12:29 PM   #63151
greygoose
Gustafson
 
greygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-18-08
Location: New Baltimore / Presque Isle
Posts: 8,810
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
I think the the most annoying, hypocritical BS about this new age "accept everyone" blah blah...is the assumption that people can't have an opinion about something. You have like everything, and everyone, and agree with everything, cause if you don't then you're being bigoted....blah

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone has their own point of view. Nothing wrong with it, and nothing wrong with talking about it. But the same "accept everyone" assholes are hypocrites because I can't like them, or I can't not agree.

The entire 'snowflake' mentality has turned into just hypocritical nonsense, that has gone on for way to long, and has gone much to far.



well, not name names...but ya know. Probably the one person that everyone has wanted to put on their ignore list, AT LEAST once.
The only person that comes to mind is AJ... BUT, there have been a lot of assholes on this site over the years.
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 12:33 PM   #63152
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Alpena, MI
Posts: 8,308
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
The only person that comes to mind is AJ... BUT, there have been a lot of assholes on this site over the years.
I never paid much attention to why AJ was a POS, all I know was he was supposed to be a shady car salesman or something like that

He's been dissaperaed from here too, wtf

I think i'm voting we bring stevo back from bannation. Why was he bannerated again?
__________________
-2011 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0L
-2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L 65th Annv.
-1996 Chevrolet K1500 5.7L Vortec- Dirty mall queen
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 01:22 PM   #63153
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 29,839
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
I never paid much attention to why AJ was a POS, all I know was he was supposed to be a shady car salesman or something like that

He's been dissaperaed from here too, wtf

I think i'm voting we bring stevo back from bannation. Why was he bannerated again?
Steveo was banned because he couldn't stop being an ass .............. If he were to return in his former ways, I would ban him too.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 01:35 PM   #63154
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 14,171
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
I never paid much attention to why AJ was a POS, all I know was he was supposed to be a shady car salesman or something like that

He's been dissaperaed from here too, wtf

I think i'm voting we bring stevo back from bannation. Why was he bannerated again?
He was caught based on footprints in the snow stealing from cars in a neighborhood if I recall.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 01:39 PM   #63155
greygoose
Gustafson
 
greygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-18-08
Location: New Baltimore / Presque Isle
Posts: 8,810
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak81 View Post
He was caught based on footprints in the snow stealing from cars in a neighborhood if I recall.
Yes, thief rings a bell... And of course all around douche.
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 07:29 PM   #63156
booblinker
Sore and Tired 24/7
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Richmond Twp, mi
Posts: 13,013
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

RIP Chu. She may have been an annoying asshole, but still made me sad burying her.
booblinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 09:57 PM   #63157
GREASYHANDS
Newbie
 
GREASYHANDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-16-09
Location: 49504
Posts: 15,862
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Default

Wasn't it Mr.Greens birthday recently?
__________________
Meow
RIP FS4L
Pavement sucks
Meow
GREASYHANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2018, 06:51 AM   #63158
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
Well come on old man, do tell...
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2018, 08:11 PM   #63159
BlooMule
Old School
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: far from the shithole
Posts: 33,003
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Default

Well, now I won't hear if I still have a car until Wednesday. I need to know soon, because if they total it I need to decide if I'm going to drive the van or the Valiant this winter.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 09:57 AM   #63160
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 11,988
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
Well come on old man, do tell...


Aber. Because he finally beat steveo out for biggest douche on the forum by getting another persons employer involved.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Tags
aber is a cuck, alex456123 likes boyz, buttplugsmugglers, cc likes penor, chickenfawker, creampiesurprise, dirtygirlhasnicetitties, dying dying dying, fuckcanadienswitaidsdiks, it's borning here now, lousybuttpirate, meballz, thereisaidit, this site used to be cool

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unibody repair. Suggestions, thoughts, not so welcome to comments but I'll take em :) T‘UCHMY_XJ Fabrication and body armor 2 March 29th, 2017 06:05 PM
Random Dad Thoughts SS The Pub 31 September 26th, 2016 08:35 PM
Random ads popping up CheapThrillB2 Site comments, issues, or suggestions and announcements 1 May 2nd, 2016 12:50 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
Page generated in 4.20846 seconds with 87 queries