Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

WhiteRhino's Latest Mods

Tags
meballs
317K views 2K replies 189 participants last post by  whiterhino 
#1 ·
Sometime late last summer I was talking to Jim about modding his jeep and it snowballed and somehow I got in the middle of it. before I knew what was going on I agreed to build his jeep over again pretty much. The goal was lots of strength and a nice cushy ride while providing clearance for 40's in the future.

The entire build/arguing/problem solving thread is here: http://www.misfitoffroad.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8991&start=0

it will be completely finished and wheelable in the next couple weeks.
here are a few pictures of the build:

Attachments

See less See more
#736 ·
I would think that piece could be formed with bends and cut/welded pieces. Its not like evreything has to be continuous bent tube, especially on a seat frame.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it as it is really. Myself, I've have made a 90 degree right angle from the corner bolted to the body and run back into the tube behind the seat.

I have nothnig more to add, except can you change the <PRP on the front of the seat to say AARP? It should be easy, and more appropriate for the owner:nana:

#747 ·
Cage is back out for finish weld & paint. Now on to the dash & wiring. Windshield stuff is swapped to the new frame thanks to Kixx007.

Here's the info on the seat sliders. I'm not sure how well they are going to work. I had one sliding really good but just the pull from the tack bound it up. When I checked my tabs, they were within 1/16" front to back so I would have thought that was close enough. We'll see how well they shim up.

#752 ·
Wiring is done (almost) & dash is in. Engine runs and all gauges work.:woot: All that is left is to wire up the HAM and CB radios. I tried to trim as much unused wire out of the harness as I could and after I got it all together, I found there was more I could have taken out.

I eliminated the OEM gauges & put them in the dash. I already had most but they were mounted under the dash & not very clean. I haven't had a speedo for a long time so I scrapped the stock speedo & went with an Autometer GPS unit. This guy has time, odo, trip meter, compass & coordinates in the menu. No more worrying about tire size or hooking up to the t-case. And now the HAM is mounted in the dash where the useless never used radio used to be.

So, the next focus is to finish welding up the cage mods, get it painted and hopefully installed this weekend.

#758 ·
My user name came from the fact that before I bought it, it was coated with white rhino liner. It is no longer white and it no longer has rhino liner. With that, I don't have a wish to carry any form of tradition.
I'm pretty sure that you are not a pirate although you might be lousy. :sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.