Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Project "Spartan" 1977 K5 Blazer "Drove it yesterday and new pics"

4K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  Hoss Blazer 
#1 · (Edited)
Project "Spartan" 1977 K5 Blazer "Drove it yesterday and new pics"

Well my vehicle is a 1977 Chevy K5 blazer when it started.
Engine:1997 GM Vortec 350 switched to carb w/ extreme 4x4 cam
Tranny: SM465 w/ granny low
T-Case: NP 205
Axles:3/4
Front: Dana 44 "Open" 4.10
Rear: 14bolt FF w/10.5 ring gear "Open" 4.10
Suspension: Add-A-Leaf
Tires: P285-75R16 Super Swamper SSR
Transformation 1:
Axle:
front: Auburn limited slip, warn premium lockouts, brute force u-joints, new seals, bearing, raised steering arm,ext...
Rear: Detroit locker, new drums, shoes, hardware, wheel cylinders
Suspension: 2" blocks all the way around...i know illigal ass hell!!!
Tires: 34-10.5/16 bias ply Super Swamper LTB's
Removed heater box from both inside and engine comp.
Transformation 2:
Broke the dana 44 twice.
First time was the stub shaft on the drivers side, while trying to pull the friends jeep out. Also broke the lockouts and u-joint
Second time was stuck in a hole and matted it and broke both inner and out axle shafts, u-joint was never foung and all bearings all the way around. Sunk blazer up the tranny hump in water!!!
Alxe:
Front: Dana 60 from a SRW out of a 1986 1ton truck
Installed the Dana 60 front then bent a connecting rod and cracked a head!!! From sinking the last time i broke the axle shafts
Transformation 3:
OVER THE WINTER
Engine: 355 engine
Steering: Crossover steering
Suspension: 4" rough counrty lift, eliminate sway bar
Tires:16-35/16 Super Swamper boggers and a 13-36/16 Super Swamper TSL Bias ply spare
Alxes:
Front: 4.56 gears w/ a Detroit locker
Rear:4.56 Gears
Exhaust: Cut-outs @ collector
Lights: Pro Comp 6" round Competition Driving lights

Can't really think of anything else at this time, but if you have any suggestions for me feel free to tell me thanks!!!

See less See more
#18 · (Edited)
Just spend 800 on a Dana 60 and 14 bolt this summer so i don't really want to buy rockwells. Already had a 14 bolt rear that i just did new breakes on this summer also. So i just pulled the 44 out of the front and sold it w/ the extra 14 bolt i had. And i have a 454 bored .60 over that i did when i was in college and also put splayed caps in the middle three main caps. But i don't have money to get the 496 stroker kit and i want to run it next year so i have to put the small block back togeather!

So i was cleaning the carbon off my pistons w/ a wire wheel and found the #8 piston slapped a valve! Took all the valves out of the heads and none were bent though, so thats good. Gonna take the heads and block to the cleaners and have them steam cleaned and magna-fluxed next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.