Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

project "almost as cool as stan's yj" yj UPDATE 1 ton tj now page 2 *DONE*

13K views 84 replies 34 participants last post by  tom77cj5 
#1 · (Edited)
update traded into a tj and pics on page 2 of this thread the yj will have to wait

plan to comp cut full cage tube fender 350+/- hp 350 chevy 700r4 with a flipped dana 300
1 inch polly body lift tucked belly high steer streched wheelbase

before

2 afternoons into the project

starting with a super solid frame and tub

See less See more
#16 ·
stan i would be honored to wheel you err wheel with you

not to much going on with the build right now but i got the frame pretty much bare metal
trying to decide what paint i should paint it with

also need opinions on running a np241 t case with the 360 buck sye kit
since i wouldn't need an adapter for the trans and i could still use a cable driven speedometer

good news is that my 350 is ready for pickup so i can get that put together over the weekend hopefully

#18 ·
wheels are moving very slow but i got the tub powerwashed and now i am patching some floors and sides of the tub
next would be ordering and installing btf comp corners and bed liner coating the inside and under side of the tub
still need to figure out what i want to use on that

the engine is almost all together just waiting on my heads and then i can start mocking it up in the frame
gotta get chop over here to help out with the rear 4 link and should be on my way to a never ending project

#20 ·
still finding more rust under bondo wow what a great idea i think i will paint it with a roller when i finish this up

anyway i got my body lift finally and some por15
need to order my corners so i can finish the patch work

pass side floor it was no where near this bad but i am sick of rust so i just cut the crap out of it

pass side rocker looked like this after i ground off about 1-2 gallons of body filler :whiz:

got this patched up

with this made on a bench vise

i am using 16 gauge sheet metal so its pretty thick for body work but it is tough and should last along time

#26 ·
update
took a tj with a lot of the parts i needed to buy included so this is the new project and the yj will sit idle for now and probably be parted out or quickly assembled with non stan (hardkor3) like parts
heres the tj
when it is almost done i will post a thread

#34 ·
made some progress on the tj build

everything is straight and symmetrical i just was rushing the pics

still have to add some bars to the cage i was thinking of running one on each side just under the tub rail and then to the front btf plates to the main hoop
and then one behind the seat and 2 under the seats, also want to add something in the rear of the cage for added strength but i haven't come up with anything i like for the rear window section
also have to order some 8 ball gussets for it too like 40 of them
:finger::sonicjay:

this is my first crack at tube work so critics check in
its 1 5/8 120 wall dom tube

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.