Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

F700 build

87K views 399 replies 83 participants last post by  Dwysywd 
#1 ·
Picked up this truck in a trade for some welding work. Was a lumber truck since it was new and was just sitting in the yard not being used anymore.

How is sits right now.

1993 F700 stake truck
524,000 miles alot of new parts
originally plated for 36,000lb
12 valve Cummins, P7100 pump. Turned up alot, governor springs modded for 3200rpm, HX-35
Eaton 6 speed FS56...something, non-overdrive 2250rpm at 55mph, think it is geared somewhere around 5.71. Defiantly not lacking in the power department!
Two big fuel tanks
Hydraulic dump bed
Air brakes

See less See more
#277 ·
Sooooo, thinking about what to do with the dash cluster. All the gauges will be aftermarket except the speedo, and will probably have to pick up a fuel gauge. Anyways got to thinking since my gauges wont be around the dash there will be a big void.

I am the first one to say this isnt quite my thing but figured maybe give it a try. My idea is to get a larger GPS unit with a backup camera. Make a bezel for it to mount into the dashboard and wire it for key "on" operation. Electronic shit really isnt my thing but I know that I dont want anything wifi capable and it to be as stand alone as possible.

Found this 7" unit with a back up camera. We buy a lot of Garmin supplies for our bird dogs and they make pretty decent stuff. I know there are some gurus out there that know a lot more than me. What do you think?

http://g.factoryoutletstore.com/details/18937-95426/010-01168-02.html?mms_chref=cj

#285 ·
Got the down pipe mounted up today, clears everything perfectly, it is 4" pipe. Had to build a flange for the down pipe so the clamp would hold it. Cut apart the old exhaust housing and welded the flange to the DP after some modification. Planning on running the exhaust out the back like before but with 5".

Also got the tires for my work truck, can't wait to get them mounted up. Hopefully some day I can play with them in the snow. Anyone run these tires? They are Cooper St Maxx, havent seen anyone running them yet. Will probably take a little trimming to clear them on my OBS.

#288 ·
A little Treadwright review here. Bought the tires around four years ago. Put them on my Powerstroke Super Duty. Ended up taking the rears off because my foot was too heavy and the compound too soft. Ran them just on the front for a while. After the SD I put them on my OBS and went to Arizona towing a 18ft enclosed trailer. One rear tire ended up going bald during the trip. (Towed a heavier 16ft GN on the way back.) The other tire ended up getting a bubble in it, I changed it before it blew. Mileage was close to 15k on those two tires. The other two tires stayed steer tires. Lots of towing and around 25k miles. One tire has about 20%, the other is done for. Never any blow outs or flats though. For $600 I would by them again, would go on a hunting rig though, maybe Toyota or F150. Not on a diesel rig though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.