Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Anyone still doing the rc crawler thing?

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  jeepfreak81 
#1 ·
This one called out to me at the hobby shop, so I'm in the process of building a replica of my flatfender as I go into my slow work season.

This led me to the piles of rock and cool woods, so if I can find the time I was thinking of working on a natural woods course. If anyone is in the Flint/Swartz Creek area and wants to help and play I think we could build a cool one. I've got lots of material here to work with.

It's still a work in progress, waiting on wheels tires and other parts now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

See less See more
#10 ·
I used to be into it and built a cool crawler in college. Haven't had one or done anything RC related in 12 or 13 years. I'd like to get another but don't have the spare time these days to justify buying anything. Hopefully someday.

#14 ·
Wife and I both have Axial Wraiths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
So @danimal gave me an old ride on tin Jeep, I got mixed up in all of this because I wanted to RC it. I got on the hunt for a chassis that was close to make it cheaper and easier. I found an xmaxx 8s was close not knowing what it was.

Soooo I traded my extra drone I don't use anymore for one.

Yeah I'm going to make Little Red Fly.... I'm going to have to shorten the body a touch. Sucker goes 55! :naughty::nana:

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#21 ·
I cracked 42 on the dirt road with the XMaxx... and since then I have installed new rear bearings. I should do the front too and see what happens, I bet I crack 45 on dirt. This thing is a beast, 25 lbs flying 10+ feet in the area and cartwheeling for days.

I've replaced about $40 in parts, but at least $20 of that was stuff that the previous owner knocked loose. I have yet to finish the jeep body, I have been having too much fun bouncing this around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.