Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Murphy, the B2 build

88K views 678 replies 63 participants last post by  Kyle M. 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my next build, 86 B2. It's rough, but I'm gonna save it for my wife and kids to ride in.

Plans are to remove old lift and axles, remove body lift, install full width 44 and 8.8, 4.88 gears and lockers, simple leafs and coils with extended and heimed radius arms. Gonna stretch it to about 100" wheel base. Wanting to run a 37" or so tire. And going to build custom bumpers, sliders and maybe a simple interior cage.

Progress should start this weekend.

See less See more
#212 ·
The trouble is getting it from you...

I need to run to the junkyard and buy a shifter and mirrors, think I will hunt for bumpers too.

Small update..

Drive shafts all figured out, just gotta weld em up and pick up a new 1330 u joint. Got a new 1350 installed today, freebee, thanks Andy and some new u bolts for the front, thanks John.

Brakes are almost done, just waiting on some AN adaptors.

Got steering figured out, just need to turn up some adaptors...

Getting close.

#214 ·
Steering done minus tie rod/pitman clearance at the frame. Gotta find a different pitman ARM with more drop but less than the factory...about .5 to .750 drop maybe?

Driveshafts done, brakes all ran, next is exhaust, linkages, body clearing, sliders, bumpers, paint....no particular order...

Pic as it sits now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.