Trump - Page 220 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 9th, 2019, 03:48 PM   #4381
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 29,849
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrgunn5150 View Post
My ego drives me as well.

It's why I don't still work at Pizza Hut. The drive to not only do better, but do better and subtly rub peoples faces in it (like my family, not random strangers lol). The best revenge is living well, I make sure my alcoholic loser parents make it down to the cottage on the lake and the one in Florida once a year.

Then there's the ego trip that drives me to compete with others, progress, get educated, get skilled, master things.... It's all ego. I believe ego is what drove our ancestors out of the savanna and a crossed the globe. That first primate was probably fulfilled in his little valley, eating banana's and shit.

I have no issue with Trump being driven by his ego,just like I'm sure my own household doesn't mind me being driven by mine.
:slow clap:
:golf clap:
:attaboy:
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 9th, 2019, 04:06 PM   #4382
GearDrive
A little slow
 
GearDrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-30-07
Location: Charlotte, Mi
Posts: 1,367
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I think fro him it's all about his ego. What changed for him to become a "different man" was that he realized he wouldn't live forever, and that just being know is some rich person would not really give him much place in history, but if he was considered a great president he would be remembered. I don't think he really cares about people, what he cares about is what people think of him.
Trump Loves you and wants the best for you.
GearDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2019, 07:34 PM   #4383
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,876
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Why do you care what drives a person as long as they are working towards our best interest?
Makes no difference to me.
Just saying I don't trust him to do whats in my best interest.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old December 9th, 2019, 07:40 PM   #4384
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,876
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrgunn5150 View Post
My ego drives me as well.

It's why I don't still work at Pizza Hut. The drive to not only do better, but do better and subtly rub peoples faces in it (like my family, not random strangers lol). The best revenge is living well, I make sure my alcoholic loser parents make it down to the cottage on the lake and the one in Florida once a year.

Then there's the ego trip that drives me to compete with others, progress, get educated, get skilled, master things.... It's all ego. I believe ego is what drove our ancestors out of the savanna and a crossed the globe. That first primate was probably fulfilled in his little valley, eating banana's and shit.

I have no issue with Trump being driven by his ego,just like I'm sure my own household doesn't mind me being driven by mine.
Great, just don't pretend it's any difference. In reality, even the most altruistic of us do what we do to satisfy our own ego.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2019, 07:40 PM   #4385
92YJ
Newbie
 
Join Date: 09-21-16
Location: Hazel Park
Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Just saying I don't trust him to do whats in my best interest.
You're not alone in your thoughts - some of us just don't chime in on here in a sea of MAGA flag waving blind allegiance.
92YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 05:38 AM   #4386
greygoose
Gustafson
 
greygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-18-08
Location: New Baltimore / Presque Isle
Posts: 8,822
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Sometimes things can truly be as good as they seem. I know for some of you it's hard to wrap your head around having a president who isn't a politician, someone who really does want what's best for this Country. Embrace prosperity. We are all doing well and will continue to do well as long as President Trump gets reelected. Mark my words, if he loses, you will see things go into a tail spin.
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 07:24 AM   #4387
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Alpena, MI
Posts: 8,313
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92YJ View Post
You're not alone in your thoughts - some of us just don't chime in on here in a sea of MAGA flag waving blind allegiance.
Or you could not be a pussy and "chime in".

It seems pretty clear that most of the people waving MAGA flags are not just giving out their allegiance blindly, there's a shit load of data backing it up that they're presenting. Brewman seems to be the only one speaking back, against that tangerine looking mofo, with his own data to show why.
__________________
-2011 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0L
-2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L 65th Annv.
-1996 Chevrolet K1500 5.7L Vortec- Dirty mall queen
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 02:37 PM   #4388
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,520
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Why do you care what drives a person as long as they are working towards our best interest?
Makes no difference to me.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 02:47 PM   #4389
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,520
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
Sometimes things can truly be as good as they seem. I know for some of you it's hard to wrap your head around having a president who isn't a politician, someone who really does want what's best for this Country. Embrace prosperity. We are all doing well and will continue to do well as long as President Trump gets reelected. Mark my words, if he loses, you will see things go into a tail spin.
The have shown their hand as to how they will run things if they gain control.
They will want to control every aspect of our lives. Taxes will go up along with the cost of living will increase greatly.
We cannot afford to fall into the hands of any who are running as president for the democrat side.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 03:00 PM   #4390
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,520
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92YJ View Post
You're not alone in your thoughts - some of us just don't chime in on here in a sea of MAGA flag waving blind allegiance.
There is no blind allegiance going on. Most Trump supporters have seen what he has done for America and the people as for keeping his promises. The markets have all responded in positive ways since he has taken office. The only negative we see is from the liberal radical left. They hate the Man because he is exposing them for their desire to destroy America as we know it.
But if you feel free to follow the democrat party in their quest to drive us blindly off the cliff then carry on.
I kinda wish all those that do not support the president and all the prosperity that he has brought to America that they refuse to accept increases in wages and decrease in taxes. You know all the benefits. Because if the dems win all those benefits will go away.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 03:15 PM   #4391
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,876
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
There is no blind allegiance going on. Most Trump supporters have seen what he has done for America and the people as for keeping his promises. The markets have all responded in positive ways since he has taken office. The only negative we see is from the liberal radical left. They hate the Man because he is exposing them for their desire to destroy America as we know it.
But if you feel free to follow the democrat party in their quest to drive us blindly off the cliff then carry on.
I kinda wish all those that do not support the president and all the prosperity that he has brought to America that they refuse to accept increases in wages and decrease in taxes. You know all the benefits. Because if the dems win all those benefits will go away.
I'll make you a deal, I'll keep the tax break but give back all the increases in wage times 10.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 04:27 PM   #4392
GearDrive
A little slow
 
GearDrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-30-07
Location: Charlotte, Mi
Posts: 1,367
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I'll make you a deal, I'll keep the tax break but give back all the increases in wage times 10.
And your 401K gains too?
GearDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 05:18 PM   #4393
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,876
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearDrive View Post
And your 401K gains too?
no
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 06:46 PM   #4394
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 29,849
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Default

Lol
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2019, 07:03 AM   #4395
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 8,520
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I'll make you a deal, I'll keep the tax break but give back all the increases in wage times 10.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GearDrive View Post
And your 401K gains too?
Thought as much.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 07:45 PM   #4396
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,876
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

And we have impeachment.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 03:39 AM   #4397
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 29,849
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Default

Sad.

The dems have been looking for a crime for almost 3 years. They finally found something they think they can make stick. I doubt it will. I watched a couple hours last night. People on both sides of the aisle were sickening to watch. Congress is a world of self centered blow hards.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 08:13 AM   #4398
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Manistee, Mi
Posts: 6,972
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

So, Trump got impeached for asking about Biden’s kickback from foreign aid paid to Ukraine?
In the senate it will die quicker than a CLINTON witness.
XXXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 10:17 AM   #4399
SHARPMACHINE
F-U-CANCER!!!
 
SHARPMACHINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-29-06
Location: MONTAGUE MI (BY THE SAND BOX)
Posts: 5,338
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrgunn5150 View Post
My ego drives me as well.

It's why I don't still work at Pizza Hut. The drive to not only do better, but do better and subtly rub peoples faces in it (like my family, not random strangers lol). The best revenge is living well, I make sure my alcoholic loser parents make it down to the cottage on the lake and the one in Florida once a year.

Then there's the ego trip that drives me to compete with others, progress, get educated, get skilled, master things.... It's all ego. I believe ego is what drove our ancestors out of the savanna and a crossed the globe. That first primate was probably fulfilled in his little valley, eating banana's and shit.

I have no issue with Trump being driven by his ego,just like I'm sure my own household doesn't mind me being driven by mine.

I find this to be a great post. It explains a lot about many people and I have never put it together this way.
__________________
Hay, look at me... I have a signature.....



RIP FULLSIZE4LIFE
SHARPMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 10:53 AM   #4400
brewmenn
Mr. Special Snowflake.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 12,876
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
So, Trump got impeached for asking about Bidenís kickback from foreign aid paid to Ukraine?
In the senate it will die quicker than a CLINTON witness.
No. Trump got impeached for abuse of power, withholding congress approved military aid to Ukraine, to pressure the President of the Ukraine to say they were investigating the Biden's activity with regards to Ukraine. And then for using his influence as President to pressure people to not testify about it.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1988 Ford Bronco full size REBEL_RAM Vehicles for sale 4 July 9th, 2015 06:19 PM
SOLD!!! 1988 jeep cherokee $1,600 obo NEW LOW, LOW PRICE adamrz Completed Sales 9 July 7th, 2015 08:25 AM
1988 Gulfstream Class A Motorhome $3500 cornrowcornilius Vehicles for sale 4 June 12th, 2015 04:35 PM
1988 GMC crew dually 4x4 ***SOLD***** ssjeepfreek Completed Sales 12 November 8th, 2014 06:40 PM
1988 Suzuki Samurai button Vehicles for sale 5 September 17th, 2014 10:57 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
Page generated in 0.67416 seconds with 87 queries