Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Mr. Beefy's "not quite yet U4 buggy" build

358K views 3K replies 117 participants last post by  Mr. Beefy 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright fine, I'll make a new build thread :finger: :sonicjay:

Bought a MandM offroad chassis from PJ, super good dude to deal with and super nice. HIGHLY recommend. http://mandmfab.com/id68.html
This is chassis #20

Order placed on Monday 11-5 at about noon..

Got this on 11-6.

11-9

11-12

11-13

See less See more
#277 ·
Just a rubber/poly bushing close to the Trans/T-case to allow some give. I wouldn't solid mount it to the frame but I guess it really wouldn't matter. My poly mounts at the frame don't move and that's not good since I don't have any thing closer to the trans that does move.
:thumb:

I've got some refabbin' to do.

#291 ·
I don't know much about alum but:

"IBEX Interior Components

1141 Floor/Firewall assembly
$699.95
Complete floor and firewall panel kit constructed from .080″ 5052 Aluminum
CAD designed and precision laser cut and CNC formed
Ready to bolt in, includes all panels, hardware and weld tabs
Symmetric design with simple layout, simply cut a hole for you T-Case shifter
1/8 steel plate between the seats welds in to provide a flat surface to mount shifters or cutting brakes
Floor panels have a integral flange that mounts the bottom of the side panels"

#292 ·
3003-H14 Aluminum Sheet - (ASTM B209, QQ-A-250/2) Excellent weldability, formability, with good corrosion resistance make 3003 Aluminum Sheet a popular and economical choice. 3003 Aluminum Sheet has a smooth, shiny finish and is popular for many cosmetic and industrial applications, including: decorative trim, fuel tanks, food & chemical handling, trailer siding & roofing, etc.
Non-magnetic, Brinell = 40, Tensile = 22,000, Yield = 21,000 (+/-)

5052-H32 Aluminum Sheet - (ASTM B209, QQ-A-250/8) Superior corrosion resistance, good weldability, with excellent formability, makes 5052 Aluminum Sheet a common choice for chemical, marine or saltwater applications. 5052 Aluminum Sheet applications include: tanks, marine hardware, boat hulls, etc.
Non-magnetic, Brinell = 60, Tensile = 33,000, Yield = 28,000 (+/-)

6061-T651 Aluminum Sheet - (ASTM B209, QQ-A-250/11) Offers a combination of increased strength, corrosion resistance, and machinability making it the most widely used aluminum grade. 6061 Aluminum Sheet is heat treatable, resists cracking due to stress, is easy to weld and machine, but limited on formability. 6061 Aluminum Sheet is ideal for structural framing, base plates, gussetts, motorcycle & automotive parts, etc.
Non-magnetic, Brinell = 95, Tensile = 45,000, Yield = 40,000 (+/-)

3003 will bend, 5052 will bend better and is a little stronger than 3003, 6061 isn't going to bend very well, more straight panel stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.