Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

90 F250 2wd to 4wd

767 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  firehawk 
#1 ·
I bought this truck on e-bay for the engine (7.5) to put in another project. When I got it home and started working on it I decided I liked the truck and didn't want to tear it apart. It was an old fire truck so it was low miles and I felt pretty confident that it was maintained well. I drove the truck for a year before starting the transformation. In this time I sourced all the parts I needed to convert to 4wd (t-case, driveshafts, trans adapter and output shaft, etc.) I built a 6" lift for it (did i say cheap conversion) and used some 3" lift blocks I already had, since 2wd fords sit high in the rear already this leveled the truck. For coil springs I heard through grapevine that superduty springs were a 6" lift for F150's. Turns out it was only 5" so my camber is a little off (typical ttb). I will correct this with the 4wd swing arms (not installed yet, story on this later). Going to pull the trans to switch out the output shaft soon. Will post pics of progress as soon as I get a new cord to attach my old phone to pull those pics. I wanna start pics at beginning.

#2 ·
Got some work done on the front axle assembly. The swing arms are painted and the front differential is all together with the spool in it. I'm working on putting the hubs together so it can go in the truck. I am thinking about making some extended radius arms or just four link the arms in preparation for a dana 60. Anyone do an sas dana 60 with a four link on a ttb ford truck? I think I would like to keep it coil spring in the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.