Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 2500hd 6.0 wheeling rig build
View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2017, 02:08 PM   #103
sterlingfire

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siettas81 View Post
nvm i remember your truck the blue 1500, sounds like your new plan is about what i am doing, you going to full hydro steering and loosing that lame trac bar and cross over steering lol ?

Some pics of mine stuffing the 39's to show how close it is even at 3" forward of stock with + -6" lift. No room for 40's, let alone 42's. That is carved back to where the cab and fender meet, and some bfh action on the cab to keep them from rubbing.

I'm staying 3 link. I like it, it works well, it fits into the frame constraints, and it is low. I can easily lose another inch, and I'm going to shoot for taking 3" of lift out at max when i redo things. Hydro assist is staying as well, just getting reworked to miss a few touch points when i lower it. I'm switching all my joints, steering, Panhard bar, and rod ends over to emf joints. They are bad ass, and are lifetime warranty. I will eventually do a three link on the rear as well (i have all my joints from the current configuration that will work for this) also I'm adding a winch, front and rear bumpers, doing rust abatement, rebuilding motor mounts (to clear upper link, and make room to lower it) doing e fans, and rear drive line from a 2008 ford super duty which is 2 pc and 1410 joints. I'm doing a lot lol. I need to build a shop before i start much of this though. I'll only take it out of service for a week at a time right now. I can't clog up my garage for too long, but i have a plan to do it in stages, we'll some of it anyway lol.
sterlingfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.17237 seconds with 24 queries